British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue V Sheffield - Mon 26th @ noon

Planning to visit the NSS for this - having looked at the website it suggests plenty of parking about - the South Car park seems the best option if you are just turning up on the day? The £3 as well and if so is it cash or card or do you have to pia (pay in advance?

Onto the match - well should be a good one i reckon - slender home win for me!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

8 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Planning to visit the NSS for this - having looked at the website it suggests plenty of parking about - the South Car park seems the best option if you are just turning up on the day? The £3 as well and if so is it cash or card or do you have to pia (pay in advance?

Onto the match - well should be a good one i reckon - slender home win for me!

the south stand parking is sold out already, so best to park on st peter school next door

can see a comfortable aces win here with Sheffield getting a comfortable win in the evening 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Hoping to make a trip to the NSS for this although not a fan of daytime racing.

All parking advice greatly appreciated.

If official car parks are sold out and you don't fancy street parking,  then I have booked parking at the Asda Longsight store before. About a 10 - 15 min walk. I used the Just Park app to book.

Another option if you need one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Plenty of street parking on the main road where the entrance is, but get there with at least an hour to spare. 

A few side streets leading off it too which are ok..

The school across the road runs a paid car park and within 5 mins walk there are lots of on street opportunities outside houses and shops..

Edit. The food van outside is pretty decent too, but does get very busy, so, the earlier you arrive, the more chance of getting a slot on the main road, and something to eat.  

Regards, Simon Calder .

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

If official car parks are sold out and you don't fancy street parking,  then I have booked parking at the Asda Longsight store before. About a 10 - 15 min walk. I used the Just Park app to book.

Another option if you need one

I've seen on reviews for the asda car park that no cameras are in operation so can park without any payment to a 3rd party parking company.  Can't confirm as not parked in said place, was going too for SON final, but got street parking on main road to stadium,  was very early though 

On 8/23/2024 at 10:39 AM, GeneralMelchett said:

Planning to visit the NSS for this - having looked at the website it suggests plenty of parking about - the South Car park seems the best option if you are just turning up on the day?

23 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Just park on Kirkmanshulme Lane, never had a problem finding a space.

R/R for Woffinden?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gambo95 said:

Take it Birmingham meeting is off on Monday?

Not to my knowledge, but apparently Sheffield have put Brennan down for both meetings in the line-up submitted to the referee(?)   Perhaps they've since realised their cock-up, hence the reason neither team seems to have put out full lineups yet.

Edited by RoundTheBoards
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the all the parking advice - I plan to get across pretty early so will examine options! 

still think this maybe closer than expected hit still expect a home win maybe 48-42 ish 

• Like 2

Expect Sheffield to win fairly comfortably at Owlerton, they could go well at our place too, expecting a tough match at home.

Edited by bellevueace

45 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Expect Sheffield to win fairly comfortably at Owlerton, they could go well at our place too, expecting a tough match at home.

45 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Have some confidence with the lads :t:

If, as the announcer just said, Mulford touched the tapes before the green lights went on, surely he shouldn't have been excluded in heat 4?