British Speedway Forum

BIRMINGHAM v IPSWICH Mon 26th August PL

10 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

The changes to the televised fixtures were announced about 7 weeks ago.

Shame someone didn't tell the people who update the Discovery TV guide then, they are useless

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Then why did it show on Discoverys web site as late as last Friday that they were covering the Birmingham meeting? When it was changed it didn't say they were covering the Sheffield match instead.

Because Discovery's TV guide is useless, I've sent them numerous complaints but they still can't get it right.  As an example 2nd September Sheffield are at home to Ipswich in the 1st leg of KO cup, this is listed on  BSPA, Sheffield and Ipswich fixture lists but Discovery are showing it on their guide as being broadcast from Ipswich  wonder where the outside broadcast team will end up?

16 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

See you’ve stuck to type. They weren’t Poole riders last night were they arfwit.

And hear is me thinking you had turned over a new leaf, then out comes the name calling 

19 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

See you’ve stuck to type. They weren’t Poole riders last night were they arfwit.

Read your original post dinlo, your the one that mentioned Poole riders 😂

15 hours ago, cowboy cookie returns? said:

Totally agree King needs to go, constantly goes missing when the chips are down & won’t team ride for toffee. 

Maybe Ipswich should have signed Artem Lagua in place of Danny King?  Just thought I'd get that in before the usual suspect turns up and gives us the benefit of his particular brand of wisdom. 😄 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Maybe Ipswich should have signed Artem Lagua in place of Danny King?  Just thought I'd get that in before the usual suspect turns up and gives us the benefit of his particular brand of wisdom. 😄 

He just waiting for the phone call.😂

7 hours ago, *JJ said:

Nonsense: Lampart has been excellent this year, I hope that he is back next year, when he should kick on. Certainly, he goes against all Brummies tradition, in that he can gate! The crowd was packed out, and saw some great racing.

His ave doesnt suggest  that ..his ave would  put him at number 6...Give him chance to develop...If F.L comes back with Cook,Brennan ,Lampart and flint ..with two other good riders uve got the makings of a good team ..

8 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

Because Discovery's TV guide is useless, I've sent them numerous complaints but they still can't get it right.  As an example 2nd September Sheffield are at home to Ipswich in the 1st leg of KO cup, this is listed on  BSPA, Sheffield and Ipswich fixture lists but Discovery are showing it on their guide as being broadcast from Ipswich  wonder where the outside broadcast team will end up?

King's Lynn Vs Leicester is the Discovery+ fixture on 2 September.

BSN was originally showing the first leg, but they've had to cancel their coverage because Discovery+ takes precedence, even though it's a rearranged fixture (fulfilling contractual obligations).

10 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

I can't comment on that as I don't use Discovery, I watch the matches on Eurosport. I got the info from the British Speedway account on twitter and the image on my phone showing last night's match was downloaded on 9th July. 

Do you subscribe to Eurosport? If so, they should have offered you a deal to switch to Discovery+ because it's taking over ...

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Lampart riding at the moment for Torun U 24’s - what a joke !!!!

On the Witches preview for Thursday they have Antti Vuolas as a guest for him as he is unwell. Not worth giving him a 28 day ban as this is Birmingham’s last league match. Like you said what a joke!!!! If he comes back next season give him a ban to start the season.

• Sad 1