British Speedway Forum

BIRMINGHAM v IPSWICH Mon 26th August PL

Just now, KevtheRev said:

Just watched heat 14. Bachelor let Cook round him on the last bend. What the heck was he doing!

He was trying to block him to let Jenkins through from what I could see 

good effort by the Witches 

King needs to go for next season.  Only beat Leon flint once. 
always fails to deliver when most needed. Completely unaware of the opposition who pass him easily yet goes out of his way to stop a faster team mate passing. 
hopeless at team riding and never looks for his teammates. 
been a great servant to Ipswich for many years but the time is right for a new challenge. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

King needs to go for next season.  Only beat Leon flint once. 
always fails to deliver when most needed. Completely unaware of the opposition who pass him easily yet goes out of his way to stop a faster team mate passing. 
hopeless at team riding and never looks for his teammates. 
been a great servant to Ipswich for many years but the time is right for a new challenge. 

Totally agree King needs to go, constantly goes missing when the chips are down & won’t team ride for toffee. 

• Like 1

Just do a swap for Tom Brennan, seeing as Danny has ridden for Birmingham before even tho you wouldn’t know it from his score tonight.

3 hours ago, hammer1969 said:

And this has pi££ed me off, we considered going to Perry Barr but had a busy weekend so decided to watch on TV instead, if we'd know about the change earlier we'd have gone to PB, Discovery are doing speedway no favours Phil Morris needs to try having a word with them.

The changes to the televised fixtures were announced about 7 weeks ago.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Goodness the Ipswich team looks nothing like it should - if Brum can’t win tonight I don’t think they ever can 

They already have this season.

good win at last for the Brummies. Would have lost with p000wlicki.

8 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

The changes to the televised fixtures were announced about 7 weeks ago.

Then why did it show on Discoverys web site as late as last Friday that they were covering the Birmingham meeting? When it was changed it didn't say they were covering the Sheffield match instead.

16 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Then why did it show on Discoverys web site as late as last Friday that they were covering the Birmingham meeting? When it was changed it didn't say they were covering the Sheffield match instead.

I can't comment on that as I don't use Discovery, I watch the matches on Eurosport. I got the info from the British Speedway account on twitter and the image on my phone showing last night's match was downloaded on 9th July. 

6 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Went to watch this last night, Poole riders did well, especially Cook in ht 14. Ipswich would have won with Rew riding.

Are you a different person, that was a sensible post from you, actually praising Poole riders, well done 

1 hour ago, Arthur54 said:

Are you a different person, that was a sensible post from you, actually praising Poole riders, well done 

See you’ve stuck to type. They weren’t Poole riders last night were they arfwit.

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He's ok at number 6 but No good anywhere else.Anybody what are the crowds like at P.B this year ???.

Nonsense: Lampart has been excellent this year, I hope that he is back next year, when he should kick on. Certainly, he goes against all Brummies tradition, in that he can gate! The crowd was packed out, and saw some great racing.