British Speedway Forum

Plymouth Gladiators vs Poole Pirates 24th Aug

Plymouth have been winning at home even without Covatti so they will be more than ready for the Pirates visit on Saturday. 

Pirates though are bang back in form and will be in no mood to let any points slip as a win is vital in their quest to keep top spot in the Championship table come the end of the regular season.

It would make sense for Pirates to use Ben Trigger again if Vinnie Foord isn't fit. I understand that Vinnie was going for a scan on his shoulder today Friday.

Not sure if Gladiators are using a guest or r/r at no.1 .

Rest of the teams line up as per programme with Thompson Twins and Cook Bros.

Should be a Coliseum cracker.

Aggregate score; Pirates 55 - 35 Gladiators 

Edited by lbw

1 hour ago, lewy said:

Pirates a bit slow announcing there team, I believe they're running with 2 guests Skidder1!

Nothing detailed on the Plymouth website nor on the Glad's FB pages!!  Is it still on??

You probably print the programme or know who does so you can find the answers yourself.......!

Edited by Skidder1

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Nothing detailed on the Plymouth website nor on the Glad's FB pages!!  Is it still on??

You probably print the programme or know who does so you can find the answers yourself.......!

It's on until it's off.

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Plymouth have been winning at home even without Covatti so they will be more than ready for the Pirates visit on Saturday. 

Pirates though are bang back in form and will be in no mood to let any points slip as a win is vital in their quest to keep top spot in the Championship table come the end of the regular season.

It would make sense for Pirates to use Ben Trigger again if Vinnie Foord isn't fit. I understand that Vinnie was going for a scan on his shoulder today Friday.

Not sure if Gladiators are using a guest or r/r at no.1 .

Rest of the teams line up as per programme with Thompson Twins and Cook Bros.

Should be a Coliseum cracker.

Aggregate score; Pirates 55 - 35 Gladiators 

Ben told me weds night he’s guesting  at No7 for poole

• Thanks 1

I'd be surprised if the Gladiators went R/R at No.1.

Surely, given his exploits earlier in the season, Troy Batchelor is the first person Garry has spoken too about guesting tomorrow evening??

3 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Surely, given his exploits earlier in the season, Troy Batchelor is the first person Garry has spoken too about guesting tomorrow evening??

Oh I do hope so!!🫣

Trigger for Tobias; Starke for Vinnie.

Edited by Skidder1

2 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

I would bet Garry has spoken to him. Probably doesn’t fancy a bank holiday Saturday road trip from his East Anglian base to Plymouth especially with a meeting at Worky on the Sunday.

• Like 2

Telling u now the Pirates ☠️, plus guests, will be really fired up for this one. Unfortunately I'm unable to attend but I'll be following the score one way or another as the Boyzzzz go in search of the 3 points!

Pirates ☠️ to win 48-42 👍

7 hours ago, lbw said:

Telling u now the Pirates ☠️, plus guests, will be really fired up for this one. Unfortunately I'm unable to attend but I'll be following the score one way or another as the Boyzzzz go in search of the 3 points!

Pirates ☠️ to win 48-42 👍

What happened to 55-35? Not confident anymore? 😉

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Bluekevin said:

Made trip down, in McDonald's getting ready for tonight's meeting. Go Pirates 

Wish I was there. Av a good one 👍 C'MON THE BOYZZZZZZ ☠️

Edited by lbw