British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Poole - 24th August

4 hours ago, paulboy said:

What a mess speedway is! Redcar one night, Plymouth the next then back up North to Worky. An absolute planning triumph.

I don't know if Plymouth can race at home on a Sunday, but Redcar on Friday, Workington on Saturday then Plymouth on the Sunday would have been much more sensible.

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't know if Plymouth can race at home on a Sunday, but Redcar on Friday, Workington on Saturday then Plymouth on the Sunday would have been much more sensible.

Race night is Saturday or Tuesday, planning constraints. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to feel a little bit sorry for Plymouth putting in the miles over a bank holiday weekend,  but cut off date for league was/still is 31st August,  so the fixture has to be put in, saying that due to forecast/ heavy rain through the week, worky could be off on Sunday 

9 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Thanks. I can now understand why the Plymouth lads have such a busy weekend! I hope they don't have a mare of a journey down the M5 only to find tonight's match is off because of rain in the West Country!

I’m trying to find out when the original staging was meant to be but can’t seem to find it at the moment. It’s been a wet night in the city but it has now started to brighten up, a lot of time until tapes up

11 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I can’t actually find any record of when this fixture was due to take place so I’m starting to doubt myself about if this is a rearranged fixture or not haha

It is a rearranged fixture. If I remember correctly the league fixture was changed to a BSN fixture June 1st.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lbw said:

It is a rearranged fixture. If I remember correctly the league fixture was changed to a BSN fixture June 1st.

Would make sense to have squeezed it in before the deadline of that competition. That does ring a bell I must say

16 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

I can’t actually find any record of when this fixture was due to take place so I’m starting to doubt myself about if this is a rearranged fixture or not haha

2 minutes ago, lbw said:

And then wasn't it just after Plymouth were at Poole in July as Garry May was saying weather forecast wasn't good for it in his interview? 

Just now, jbell1995 said:

Is someone able to merge this topic with the one @lbw has created please? Saves having two threads 

Not possible to merge. You can only delete one of the threads. Problem is folk av commented on both now.

2 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Is tonight's match a rearranged one following a rain off earlier in the season?

Indirectly yes.

Saturday 30 March - BSN meeting rained off and re-arranged for the Championship league date of Saturday 25 May.
That date was then altered to Saturday 1 June (Plymouth 43 Poole 47) leaving the Championship fixture to be sorted i.e. today.

3 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Weather absolutely awful this morning but dry now for the rest of the day,absolute joke running r/r at no 1 against the best team in the league.

Cheers Mike and maybe it comes down to cost now with covatti as you can’t get into play offs so maybe rr won’t be that bad as all of your guys know the track well.