British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn Stars Vs Oxford Spires - 22.08.24

6 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Lynn takes a facility for Iversens being ill it means Niels is out for 7 days, this way with Lambert in on No Facilty Niels is free to ride in both matches next week.

That's good,that will leave Lambert free to guest for Klindt next week then😬.I wouldnt put it past them to be honest though.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Lynn takes a facility for Iversens being ill it means Niels is out for 7 days, this way with Lambert in on No Facilty Niels is free to ride in both matches next week.

I'll give NKI the benefit on this one.. I thought Buster was the culprit here for getting Simon in. But after your info, i'll have to give him the benefit on this one as well.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, tellboy said:

What absolute tosh tonight.No Iversen he is ill and replaced by Simon Lambert,and Tungate is still not fit.So that will be a 28 day ban for him.

Iversen was bang in form,so expecting another loss for the Stars.Can't believe Buster said this was the most expensive team he had ever assembled🤔

If I didn't have a season ticket I seriously would be thinking whether or not to go to this one tonight.If there is a next season,they can stick the season ticket where the sun don't shine. 

I bet you're glad you went!

A couple of odd team manager tactics, Rowe has 4 rides in the first 8 heats, but doesn't race again, despite having secured a 5-1 in his last outing. Can't understand why Kerr didn't replace Lambert in heat 12 rather than Rowe.

For Oxford using the tac sub in the r/r spot meant Wright didn't get an extra ride, despite a decent 8+1 score. Normally the tac sub would be used to replace a reserve race.

For the fans who attended, did you agree with Riss in heat 13 or should it have been Wright, or nothing between them & either could have been chosen?

5 minutes ago, Trees said:

I bet you're glad you went!

It's always good to see Janowski and Harris I must admit😉.

We did do well tonight,but it has been a demoralising and draining season again.Hopefully Iversen will be back Wednesday. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

A couple of odd team manager tactics, Rowe has 4 rides in the first 8 heats, but doesn't race again, despite having secured a 5-1 in his last outing. Can't understand why Kerr didn't replace Lambert in heat 12 rather than Rowe.

For Oxford using the tac sub in the r/r spot meant Wright didn't get an extra ride, despite a decent 8+1 score. Normally the tac sub would be used to replace a reserve race.

For the fans who attended, did you agree with Riss in heat 13 or should it have been Wright, or nothing between them & either could have been chosen?

Re,Riss/Wright imo it could have been any of them in ht 13.Riss had gated very well in all of his races bar 1,that's probably what got him the nod for ht13.In ht 13 he was leading until the last bend of the race when Lawson finally manged to get passed him.

On the tac sub,I believe they probably got it right.Janowski was the only one going to get the tac sub imo,use it when you can.If they waited to when a reserve could be replaced by Janowski it wouldn't have been until ht12.

I too would have replaced Lambert. 

To be fair to Lambert he did seem fairly quick tonight and thought he probably deserved more than the couple of points he got.

Shame the bonus point slipped away at the end. The fall that Harris had seem to effect his gating. In his two races after that he jumped out in front. Most uncharacteristic!

Decent match all-round with some good racing. Bit dragged out though with a couple of restarts and delays for lots of two on the trots 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

'Odd' is I think diplomatic. As those standing with me will testify I was not impressed. Wright for me in ht 13 - the only Spire to beat an opponent in EVERY race.

Edited by arnieg

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

It's always good to see Janowski and Harris I must admit😉.

We did do well tonight,but it has been a demoralising and draining season again.Hopefully Iversen will be back Wednesday. 

Not according to Rob Lyon 😞

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

Re,Riss/Wright imo it could have been any of them in ht 13.Riss had gated very well in all of his races bar 1,that's probably what got him the nod for ht13.In ht 13 he was leading until the last bend of the race when Lawson finally manged to get passed him.

On the tac sub,I believe they probably got it right.Janowski was the only one going to get the tac sub imo,use it when you can.If they waited to when a reserve could be replaced by Janowski it wouldn't have been until ht12.

I too would have replaced Lambert. 

1 hour ago, arnieg said:

'Odd' is I think diplomatic. As those standing with me will testify I was not impressed. Wright for me in ht 13 - the only Spire to beat an opponent in EVERY race.

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

We thought it should be Wright too. It's that German effect....

As it turned out, Riss put in a decent ride 

Actually I've come to the conclusion that Schroeck's tactics were even worse than first thought, I get grief from Oxford fans on FB, but he keeps showing me how clueless he is.

The updates made it look like the tac sub was in heat 11, so I had thought why not wait one race & replace a reserve in heat 12?

Now I've seen the official scorecard, the tac sub was actually in heat 5, as Harris has taken the r/r outing in heat 1, that means after ONE ride each, both getting second places, Schroeck had decided not to give Wright or Riss an extra ride & instead give the reserves 8 rides between them.

He's totally clueless, it's not even like Riss & Wright had poor first rides. Plus at that stage the reserves had taken 3 rides between them & not beaten an opponent.

I understand that for Janowski to replace a reserve they'd have to wait to heat 12, but I still think that is the best tactic. If you're only 4 points down after 11 heats, then you're still in with a chance even if you miss the tac sub opportunity.

Either that or give Wright the tac sub outing earlier on? But certainly use the tac sub instead of a reserve imo

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

They may had well taken a facility as NKI is missing Wednesday anyway.Maybe they couldn't have got any other rider to guest for NKI anyway as Shroeck said they couldn't get anyone for Tungate.

Edited by tellboy

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Actually I've come to the conclusion that Schroeck's tactics were even worse than first thought, I get grief from Oxford fans on FB, but he keeps showing me how clueless he is.

The updates made it look like the tac sub was in heat 11, so I had thought why not wait one race & replace a reserve in heat 12?

Now I've seen the official scorecard, the tac sub was actually in heat 5, as Harris has taken the r/r outing in heat 1, that means after ONE ride each, both getting second places, Schroeck had decided not to give Wright or Riss an extra ride & instead give the reserves 8 rides between them.

He's totally clueless, it's not even like Riss & Wright had poor first rides. Plus at that stage the reserves had taken 3 rides between them & not beaten an opponent.

I understand that for Janowski to replace a reserve they'd have to wait to heat 12, but I still think that is the best tactic. If you're only 4 points down after 11 heats, then you're still in with a chance even if you miss the tac sub opportunity.

Either that or give Wright the tac sub outing earlier on? But certainly use the tac sub instead of a reserve imo

nothing new there yet again - have seen so many of his questionable tactics over many years