British Speedway Forum

Sheffield Cubs v Leicester Lion Cubs Thursday 22 August

Well this actually looks like it could be the National League meeting of the season!

Which riders will be available or even bother to turn out for Sheffield?

Have they actually fielded a full team in any of their fixtures?

I will be going as it is proper speedway, even if its made up on the day 🤣 

9 hours ago, secsy1 said:

Well this actually looks like it could be the National League meeting of the season!

Which riders will be available or even bother to turn out for Sheffield?

Have they actually fielded a full team in any of their fixtures?

I will be going as it is proper speedway, even if its made up on the day 🤣 

Let’s be honest, the ‘team’ was made up by the Chair and his sidekick to make the NDL worth running……just! They couldn't even be bothered to run all the fixtures at one track. Expect new sensation Cairns to be guesting again probably , but who for ?

Have seen several fixtures this season and the racing is fine but its a division of two halfs, the ones splashing the cash and the ones who are trying to keep the NDL alive but have to bring in the odd old timer or even a ‘mature’ ozzie to make a side up.

Is there a future for it ?

40 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Let’s be honest, the ‘team’ was made up by the Chair and his sidekick to make the NDL worth running……just! They couldn't even be bothered to run all the fixtures at one track. Expect new sensation Cairns to be guesting again probably , but who for ?

Have seen several fixtures this season and the racing is fine but its a division of two halfs, the ones splashing the cash and the ones who are trying to keep the NDL alive but have to bring in the odd old timer or even a ‘mature’ ozzie to make a side up.

Cairns won't be unless a no1 missing with near 10 point average now surely? 

19 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Cairns guested for Leicester at Redcar and my understanding is that a rider can only guest once for any given team in the N.L.  Therefore, you wont be seeing him riding for the Cubs for the rest of the season.

17 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Etherington makes his debut at  reserve with Dicken, Pijper bro's at 3 and 4 for the Shef/Scun team

R/R at 4 for Foord for the unbeaten Lion Cubs

So as per your post the team for Sheffield/Scunthorpe Team :-1. Who Knows

2. Who cares

3. Ace Pijper

4. Stene Pijper

5. Does it matter

6. Kean Dicken

7. Jamie Etherington

🤣🤡  🤣🤡  🤣🤡  🤣🤡

3 hours ago, secsy1 said:

So as per your post the team for Sheffield/Scunthorpe Team :-1. Who Knows

2. Who cares

3. Ace Pijper

4. Stene Pijper

5. Does it matter

6. Kean Dicken

7. Jamie Etherington

🤣🤡  🤣🤡  🤣🤡  🤣🤡

teams are on the Sheffield website don't take a genius to look . just because its not on here doesn't mean its unavailable to the general  public

Edited by phillwhitewasmad
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

teams are on the Sheffield website don't take a genius to look . just because its not on here doesn't mean its unavailable to the general  publick

I thought it was quite unique that the poster couldn't look at Sheffield's website to find the teams but they had time to post Several self portraits emojis on the post

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

teams are on the Sheffield website don't take a genius to look . just because its not on here doesn't mean its unavailable to the general  public

Think the poster just wanted to be disrespectful to Nathan Ablitt, Luke Harrison and Mickie Simpson.   

They have a history of writing factually incorrect drivel trying to denigrate the NDL, which in reality just makes them look foolish.

• Like 1

Shouldn't be any R/R in a DEVELOPMENT LEAGUE, even if the rider coming in has a way lower average than the missing rider who they are covering for, the 1-7 should be switched accordingly with averages on the day!

Edited by MillenTheVillen
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Anyone know if Springer had multiple issues on the night or did really just turn up with one bike, suffer damage/issues had had to withdraw? Even and NDL that seems pretty unprofessional.....

I think it's a shame, no one lent him a bike. Years ago I wouldn't see riders not completing their rides because they didn't have a bike working.

41 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think it's a shame, no one lent him a bike. Years ago I wouldn't see riders not completing their rides because they didn't have a bike working.

If my understanding was correct three offers of bikes were made.

To those who didn't turn up you missed a great meeting. Great racing, 110% effort from all who were taking part. It wasn't just gate and go. There was lots of passing and attempted passing, non more so than young Pijper's attempted inside pass on the back strieght. He came down and was rightly excluded but it showed real determination. There was only one thing more that i would have liked other than more people there to watch, would have been for both of the teams to come out on to the dog track so that the crowd could show their apreciation. Quit afew of us stayed behind to do that. I just hope that we see more of this level of racing at Sheffield even though I know we have problems with stadium availability. These young people are the future of our sport.

• Like 2