British Speedway Forum

British Ladies Championship 2024

Congratulations to Rachel Hellowell on becoming the new British Champion , I understand she won comfortably in wet conditions from last years champ, Katie Gordon , according to reports on Facebook ( haven’t seen anything official from the SCB ).

Well done on the I.O.W. for staging it but, with only 5 entrants, what happened to the massive drive to bring more females into the sport?

The FIM training school at Belle Vue that attracted all the hype had around 20-25 female riders yet the European Championship attracted around 10 and this championship only 5!

Yet again, a lot of talk but little action from the powers that be.

• Like 2

Not sure the SCB would post anything on this nor the BSPA....IOW is not exactly popular with them these days to say the least.

Don't know for sure but this may have been a NORA production? Not official?

Edited by andout

This IOW meeting was the NORA version.

The BSPL endorsed version is scheduled for Leicester at the end of this month. Open to all comers and from Overseas as well I believe.

11 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

This IOW meeting was the NORA version.

The BSPL endorsed version is scheduled for Leicester at the end of this month. Open to all comers and from Overseas as well I believe.

Ok, where and when was this advertised ? as I haven’t seen anything in the official fixture list.

1 hour ago, chopper said:

Young Adelaide rider Teagan Pedler has made the trip over for the meeting, she is quite a tidy rider that will be in the top 3 i believe.

Chopper

Is that because there's only 3 in it? 😁

I think it was mentioned at the last Leicester home meeting it will be staged along with the British Youth Championship and it's a tenner to get in

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Is that because there's only 3 in it? 😁

I think it was mentioned at the last Leicester home meeting it will be staged along with the British Youth Championship and it's a tenner to get in

FYI There are 5 women in that Class on 31st.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bavarian said:

Does anyone know if any of our German girls are coming over to compete in the British Championship at Leicester? 

211) Teagan Pedler (Australia)
333) Katie Gordon (Great Britain)
289) Celina Liebmann ( Germany)
36) Rachel Hellowell (Great Britain)
4) Patrica Erhart (Germany)
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:
211) Teagan Pedler (Australia)
333) Katie Gordon (Great Britain)
289) Celina Liebmann ( Germany)
36) Rachel Hellowell (Great Britain)
4) Patrica Erhart (Germany)

Great ! Paddy Erhart is my favorite. She will give Celina a run for her money! 

Celina has much more experience though and will most probably win the title again.

54 minutes ago, Bavarian said:

Great ! Paddy Erhart is my favorite. She will give Celina a run for her money! 

Celina has much more experience though and will most probably win the title again.

I was impressed when I saw her (in your company if recall correctly)

If there was a women's team event Germany would walk it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, arnieg said:

I was impressed when I saw her (in your company if recall correctly)

If there was a women's team event Germany would walk it.

Cheers Arnie ! Yes, together we saw her racing at Olching last year. 

She has become even better since, and a couple of weeks ago at Landshut, Patricia 'Paddy' Erhart was the first female rider to beat Celina Liebmann in an official race on a 500cc speedway bike. Celina got her revenge in the final heat of that meeting, but anyway, Paddy is not so far behind Celina anymore.

Tough luck for Paddy Erhart, just before she was set to make her British debut. She had a nasty fall in Friday nights' Liga Nord meeting at Meissen and sustained a broken collar bone, operation on Monday, which will obviously keep her out of action for severall weeks. Too bad, as she was in such good form lately.  

https://www.instagram.com/paddy.racing/?fbclid=IwY2xjawE33bBleHRuA2FlbQIxMAABHVm53jZ258_xTzXsGDzICdNCC9C4nmoNlh4-yXBSc5ijJvJ9g0dxrxdyqA_aem_xSaO9btoGQ21UMNmFXLq8A

• Sad 1

So now there is only 4 entrants for a national championship and only two of those are British. What happened to the 25 plus ladies who attended the Belle Vue training school event aimed at getting more female participation?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, britmet said:

4 heat wins for Liebmann, 4 second places for Hellowell, who then loses a rostrum place in the Final when she fell unhindered coming out of the first lap.
Result : Liebmann, Pedler, Gordon.

https://speedwaychampions.yolasite.com/women-champions.php

Another reason I don't like qualifiers and a one off final. Two riders who score just two points each finish second and third whilst the clearly better rider ends up nowhere , but then there was only four anyway !   thats modern day speedway folks !

On 8/31/2024 at 8:56 PM, britmet said:

4 heat wins for Liebmann, 4 second places for Hellowell, who then loses a rostrum place in the Final when she fell unhindered coming out of the first lap.
Result : Liebmann, Pedler, Gordon.

Updated, to include FIM 'Ladies Cup', Academies, Participants, etc.
https://speedwaychampions.yolasite.com/women-champions.php