British Speedway Forum

Top 4 finishing order

Just go back to who ever finishes top of the league is the League Champions and cut all this nonsense of play offs out. 

Play offs are simply a commercial decision in any event. This is just an extension of that. 

Presumably any one of the 4 clubs could have said they were not in agreement and the rules should be followed, but they didn't 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, iainb said:

There's a statement (dated tomorrow) on the SCB website saying that the cut off date for the conclusion off fixtures has been extended:

https://www.scbgb.co.uk/news.php

So all we need now is for all 4 to agree and the regulations mean nothing......

Farcical,corrupt shambles

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

Just go back to who ever finishes top of the league is the League Champions and cut all this nonsense of play offs out. 

Play offs are simply a commercial decision in any event. This is just an extension of that. 

Presumably any one of the 4 clubs could have said they were not in agreement and the rules should be followed, but they didn't 

I much prefer the of whoever finishes top wins the league, it's a better representation of who is the best team this season. But I do also like the excitement of the play offs. Maybe the knockout cup could be redesigned so there is a play off system in place? 

3 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And they wonder why no one takes it seriously,,and people stop going. 

Is that copy and paste for almost EVERY thread.   😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Is that copy and paste for almost EVERY thread.   😁

This one particularly stinks to me, it has left a very sour taste in my mouth, it's not like it's a mickey mouse Jubilee Trophy or BSN Series... this is the premier speedway competition in this country, I don't know why I'm surprised really

5 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

I think there's every chance if 3 of the 4 clubs agreed to it, they would announce it was a majority decision.

But I just can't get over the fact that rules are meaningless, if clubs can just agree to not use them?

What of Ipswich agreed to Sheffield using Harris if Sheffield agreed to them using Lambert, if they both agreed would that be allowed?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think there's every chance if 3 of the 4 clubs agreed to it, they would announce it was a majority decision.

But I just can't get over the fact that rules are meaningless, if clubs can just agree to not use them?

What of Ipswich agreed to Sheffield using Harris if Sheffield agreed to them using Lambert, if they both agreed would that be allowed?

You only have to look at who stands to commercially gain to see that this scam has been cooked up by Sheffield & Belle Vue.

Nobody stands to gain commercially riding against Ippo with their current team (sorry Ippo fans), why Ippo and Leicester have been complicit in this beats me, they've hidden behind a cloak of collective responsibility and pushed Phil Morris to the front to act as their messenger puppet.

4 back to back Belle Vue/Sheffield meetings will bring a bigger crowd than 4 back to back Ippo/Sheffield meetings. If they don't want to be riding against the same clubs at the end of the year they should have a bigger league or better still do away with the pay offs altogether.

Edited by iainb

6 hours ago, iainb said:

It'll never happen, but all fans should boycott the pay offs!

Yep, something needs to show them they can't keep taking the public for granted. 

6 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

It’s another money making exercise and while they attract good crowds it will remain.

1 hour ago, iainb said:

You only have to look at who stands to commercially gain to see that this scam has been cooked up by Sheffield & Belle Vue.

Nobody stands to gain commercially riding against Ippo with their current team (sorry Ippo fans), why Ippo and Leicester have been complicit in this beats me, they've hidden behind a cloak of collective responsibility and pushed Phil Morris to the front to act as their messenger puppet.

4 back to back Belle Vue/Sheffield meetings will bring a bigger crowd than 4 back to back Ippo/Sheffield meetings. If they don't want to be riding against the same clubs at the end of the year they should have a bigger league or better still do away with the pay offs altogether.

So when Leicester have beaten Kings Lynn twice this coming week and officially finished top of the table, will it still be a scam or will it then be acceptable even though the semis are exactly the same ?

How will there be 4 back to back Belle Vue/Sheffield meetings ?

26 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

So when Leicester have beaten Kings Lynn twice this coming week and officially finished top of the table, will it still be a scam or will it then be acceptable even though the semis are exactly the same ?

How will there be 4 back to back Belle Vue/Sheffield meetings ?

It will still be a scam, it doesn't matter about either King's Lynn match now does it? It's all been rigged, I watch sport to see it decided through competition not rigged on a zoom call somewhere. We've all been scammed.

Belle Vue vs Sheffield bank Holiday Monday, Sheffield vs Belle Vue Bank Holiday Monday and now the rigged pay off semis

Edited by iainb

A panel of experts should be convened, to decide the results of any league matches not staged beyond the cut off date in any season. The matches could still be staged but the panel's decisions would be final as far as deciding the league table and the playoff matches.

4 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

A panel of experts should be convened, to decide the results of any league matches not staged beyond the cut off date in any season. The matches could still be staged but the panel's decisions would be final as far as deciding the league table and the playoff matches.

Like a Fools Panel?

The cut off has already been extended by 7 days... for absolutely no reason at all it turns out. 

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

It will still be a scam, it doesn't matter about either King's Lynn match now does it? It's all been rigged, I watch sport to see it decided through competition not rigged on a zoom call somewhere. We've all been scammed.

Belle Vue vs Sheffield bank Holiday Monday, Sheffield vs Belle Vue Bank Holiday Monday and now the rigged pay off semis

Sheffield have ridden away at Kings Lynn since BH Monday, and have the KO cup final matches next week, so not exactly back to back.

21 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Isn't that what they have done ? 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iainb said:

Nobody stands to gain from riding against Ipswich? Are you mad? They stand to gain a qualification to the grand final. That brings in the best crowd of the year domestically.
I’m a Belle Vue fan and even I know we’re not going past the semis. We will gain nothing but had we ridden against Ipswich and Leicester we would have stood a better chance of making the final. If you think 1 semi v Sheffield is financially better than a semi and a final then you’d be well placed to join the current think tank that’s handling the financial affairs of UK speedway. 
Bates however is benefiting greatly for this is where this came from. 

Edited by ouch