British Speedway Forum

Top 4 finishing order

21 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I started watching recording of Belle Vue v Kings Lynn last week and twice Kelvin Tatum said top team gets to choose opponent which is not true. Did anyone correct him?

He was corrected by someone there and he did admit on air that he was wrong and he did correct himself during the broadcast. 

5 minutes ago, KevtheRev said:

Never saw anyone leaving before heat 8. It was a forgone conclusion by then but giving the impression loads were leaving is wrong.

I never said loads were leaving, I said there wasn’t a “mass exodus”. But there were definitely people leaving and not just one or two either, I saw them. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Rob B said:

I started watching recording of Belle Vue v Kings Lynn last week and twice Kelvin Tatum said top team gets to choose opponent which is not true. Did anyone correct him?

Yes he apologised about heat 14 :rofl:

I'm sorry, but a professional commentator has a duty to study the prevailing rules. This is useful for the casual viewing and getting it wrong just makes you look foolish to the "expert" viewer.

I had to laugh when KT said Mark Lemon may consider sending Jake Mulford off 15m after his two minute infringement in heat 2.

Edited by False dawn

Surely with the 2nd v 3rd play off featuring two very closely matched teams  the key would be to have the second leg at home incase its 90 all and a Golden Heat is needed. 

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

So it’s confirmed Ipswich v Leicester, Sheffield v Belle Vue semi finals. 

https://ipswichwitches.co/rowe-motor-oil-premiership-play-off-semi-final-dates-confirmed/

So they are basically not following the regulations which clearly state 1v4 and 2v3

Together with Harris guesting for Sheffield in the Cup Final (currently listed anyway) which also explicitly goes against the regulations

A shambolic corrupt mockery. No sporting integrity, no professional ethic

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

So they are basically not following the regulations which clearly state 1v4 and 2v3

Together with Harris guesting for Sheffield in the Cup Final (currently listed anyway) which also explicitly goes against the regulations

Couldn’t make it up. But let’s not forget the real reason speedway is knacked in this country is the fault of the Grand Prix & Poland…….maybe instead of blaming the poles & gp we need to look closer to home.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not really Leicester's fault the meeting at Kings Lynn was cancelled various times.  They also had to re-arrange other meetings to help with fixtures.

Sheffield have also got the last home meeting so it looks like a compromise to me (Sheffield had the chance at Kings Lynn to confirm top spot). Sure Ipswich would have preferred Sheffield as it would have given Emil an extra week.

Sporting integrity probably goes out the window when the team that finishes top doesn't win the league.

Sporting integrity goes out the window when the 8th qualifier wins the British grand prix.

Sporting integrity goes out the window when a world champion doesn't get to defend his title.

Edited by sparks123
added info.
  • Like 1

Bates has spoken. I wondered what he would be up at this year's end of  season. Any rider he wants to guest, he gets whether it’s within the rules or not. Same last year. 

With him picking Belle Vue he gets a highly lucrative fixture due to The Aces bringing the most fans. Let’s hope the publicity machine is allowed to flow freely this time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Not really Leicester's fault the meeting at Kings Lynn was cancelled various times.  They also had to re-arrange other meetings to help with fixtures.

Sheffield have also got the last home meeting so it looks like a compromise to me (Sheffield had the chance at Kings Lynn to confirm top spot). Sure Ipswich would have preferred Sheffield as it would have given Emil an extra week.

It's a joke, makes a further mockery of the sport. Belle Vue and Sheffield would of wanted each other for the gate receipts.  

42 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Sporting integrity probably goes out the window when the team that finishes top doesn't win the league.

Sporting integrity goes out the window when the 8th qualifier wins the British grand prix.

Sporting integrity goes out the window when a world champion doesn't get to defend his title.

What makes you think Ipswich would have been riding a week later if it was against Sheffield ? The first semi is 1st v 4th and Ipswich finished 4th. The only variable was whether they were against Leicester or Ipswich.

1 hour ago, The Third Man said:

So Sheffield have conceded top spot to Leicester

That's what I cannot understand about the whole thing. Everyone must want to meet Ipswich in the semi final, why would Sheffield agree not to?

Unless they are very confident to beat Belle Vue over 2 legs & want the bigger crowd?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

It's a joke, makes a further mockery of the sport. Belle Vue and Sheffield would of wanted each other for the gate receipts.  

It'll never happen, but all fans should boycott the pay offs!

• Like 1