British Speedway Forum

Top 4 finishing order

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It seems the Championship have no such commercial reasons to make a similar decision

Poole go into their semi final in 4 days with opponents TBC

It might be Poole? :D

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2024 at 8:41 PM, iainb said:

Okay, if you're going to start to get abusive I'm not going to engage with your on this topic anymore, I hope you enjoy the pay offs, they're not for me this season. :t:

No point he just doesn't get it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

It seems the Championship have no such commercial reasons to make a similar decision

Poole go into their semi final in 4 days with opponents TBC

How it should be, both Glasgow & Workington agreed to the date, so no need to wait, let's get in with the play-offs, well done to Poole.

Premiership should've done the same thing, plan the 4 home dates, once top 4 positions were known (as they were on Monday) slot in the opposition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikebv said:

How's the marketing campaign coming along? 

Well, I've just checked the Local papers' website and there is only 1 mention of Speedway on there and that was Craig Featherby's brother running marathons and that's on the whole website, BBC Leicester website... nothing. A google search for "leicester speedway play playoffs" in the news section returns a press release dated 01/08/2023

1 hour ago, iainb said:

Well, I've just checked the Local papers' website and there is only 1 mention of Speedway on there and that was Craig Featherby's brother running marathons and that's on the whole website, BBC Leicester website... nothing. A google search for "leicester speedway play playoffs" in the news section returns a press release dated 01/08/2023

Into overdrive then - 2 more mentions than normal :)

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Into overdrive then - 2 more mentions than normal :)

I've also just checked on the Leicester City Council's what's on website for this week and we have the choice of:

Leicester vs Yorkshire County Cricket tomorrow

A Horse Racing meet on Tuesday

Sidekick adults dance on Wednesday

Or

Over 55 Dance Workshop on Friday

That's my week sorted... even though I'm not 55, maybe I could sneak in :party:

If I search for speedway it returns:

"The Lions team consists of one Australian and six English riders and are captained by Scott Nicholls a seven-time British Individual Champion. The charismatic Nicholls, who is renowned for his highly colourful tailored shirts, is an analyst on the BT Sport channels during their live transmissions of the season long Speedway Grand Prix competition.

Saturday’s are the Lions normal race night with a start-time of 7.30pm with occasional Sunday afternoon’s fixtures. Children sixteen and under are admitted free with a paying adult and meetings usually last up to two hours. There is car parking at the stadium and refreshments within the venue."

Edited by iainb
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I've also just checked on the Leicester City Council's what's on website for this week and we have the choice of:

Leicester vs Yorkshire County Cricket tomorrow

A Horse Racing meet on Tuesday

Sidekick adults dance on Wednesday

Or

Over 55 Dance Workshop on Friday

That's my week sorted... even though I'm not 55, maybe I could sneak in :party:

If I search for speedway it returns:

"The Lions team consists of one Australian and six English riders and are captained by Scott Nicholls a seven-time British Individual Champion. The charismatic Nicholls, who is renowned for his highly colourful tailored shirts, is an analyst on the BT Sport channels during their live transmissions of the season long Speedway Grand Prix competition.

Saturday’s are the Lions normal race night with a start-time of 7.30pm with occasional Sunday afternoon’s fixtures. Children sixteen and under are admitted free with a paying adult and meetings usually last up to two hours. There is car parking at the stadium and refreshments within the venue."

Maybe they should have chosen the four teams in April...

That would have given them even more time to market the meetings...

Imagine the crowd size with six months worth of promotion?! :D

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

everyone gets so excited about the P. offs .  This year we have  a semi final with a gale of gusts AND Reidar Replacement.

Must be  some kind of record ?

Is there a case "for commercial reasons" to allow a free choice of gusts in the P. offs.   

Is that Francis gusts and reidar eide? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 9/7/2024 at 9:11 PM, SUPERACE said:

No point he just doesn't get it. 

I get it, I just don't care.

The 4 teams in the playoffs haven't been fixed, and to win everybody has to beat 2 of the other 3, so what does it matter who rides against who in the semis ?

I go to speedway to be entertained, I really don't see the point in getting stressed about the politics, I have enough of that at work. This is supposed to be fun !!

45 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

The 4 teams in the playoffs haven't been fixed, and to win everybody has to beat 2 of the other 3, so what does it matter who rides against who in the semis ?

I go to speedway to be entertained, I really don't see the point in getting stressed about the politics, I have enough of that at work. This is supposed to be fun !!

There's been another last minute rule change announced and it's that during Belle Vue's home leg Bewley and Kurtz will be starting from a 15 metre handicap in every race. It's okay though as everybody is still riding against everybody else and you will be entertained. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

Partly agree with some of that - ie. FUN but if Speedway wants to be seen as a serious professional sport this is not the best way to run it!   

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Partly agree with some of that - ie. FUN but if Speedway wants to be seen as a serious professional sport this is not the best way to run it!   

I don't think it cares if it's seen as a serious sport given the way it is ran..

Too much involved to run it "properly" and the skill set of many involved will be miles away from being able to do so from a capability angle..

14 random riders (or at least 12), turning up at the same place, at the right time, and riding their bikes to earn money is what the sport is about.

With the racing, hopefully, good enough to get repeat visits from the punters..

Not much more and not much less than that...

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I don't think it cares if it's seen as a serious sport given the way it is ran..

Too much involved to run it "properly" and the skill set of many involved will be miles away from being able to do so from a capability angle..

14 random riders (or at least 12), turning up at the same place, at the right time, and riding their bikes to earn money is what the sport is about.

With the racing, hopefully, good enough to get repeat visits from the punters..

Not much more and not much less than that...

We’ve bucked the trend and trotted out Aces all season. Technically Antti & Jake were guests for two meetings plus Harris guested once, which I believe is a contractural obligation of all clubs so we’ve not done so bad. 

The racing is great at home too.

13 hours ago, iainb said:

There's been another last minute rule change announced and it's that during Belle Vue's home leg Bewley and Kurtz will be starting from a 15 metre handicap in every race. It's okay though as everybody is still riding against everybody else and you will be entertained. 

You got upset earlier in the thread when I called you childish, and then you throw out a stupid reply like that.

I'm done. I won't be replying to you any more, just laughing at you. 😉

6 minutes ago, DaveWayne said:

You got upset earlier in the thread when I called you childish, and then you throw out a stupid reply like that.

I'm done. I won't be replying to you any more, just laughing at you. 😉

You won't be laughing as you appear to have zero sense of humour :lol:

2 hours ago, ouch said:

We’ve bucked the trend and trotted out Aces all season. Technically Antti & Jake were guests for two meetings plus Harris guested once, which I believe is a contractural obligation of all clubs so we’ve not done so bad. 

The racing is great at home too.

http://www.gbspeedway.com/2024/guestperf.php?mc1=x&mc2=i&mc3=pf&mc4=Belle Vue Aces&team=Belle Vue Aces&league=A&sort=date&comp=CMA

• Like 1