British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Sheffield 19/8/24

13 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

R/R for Doyle

Batchelor for Ellis (Mandatory absence due to head knock)

Bewley for Sayfutdinov 

R/R for Woffinden

Well that puts the Lemon won't allow his top men to guest theory to bed .....

12 hours ago, 4BM said:

Can Sheffield break their Foxhall hoodoo? Possibly a first away win on the cards since winning the Championship there in 2017? 43-37 to Sheffield 

we won at Foxhall 2022 season with Howarth top scoring.. need a similar performance Monday 

• Like 2

I notice on discovery+ that this is not the live meeting now and they have switched it to Leicester v Oxford. Missing out on the British Grand Prix winner being there.

Edited by Bash

Posted (edited)

Ipswich Vs Sheffield is the Tv meeting according the Speedway GB site and Leicester's website 

Leicester website says 

Lions fans are reminded that this fixture will NOT be shown live on television, nor will it be live streamed due to Eurosport’s Monday night coverage from Ipswich, and the best way to cheer the team into the play-offs is from the track! All children will be admitted free as part of the club’s summer promotion.

Edited by Fozzie4388

22 hours ago, Manifesto said:

we won at Foxhall 2022 season with Howarth top scoring.. need a similar performance Monday 

Was going to say yes was pretty convinced I saw that on TV!! 

Can see a repeat but Ipswich have at least got Bewley as a decent guest so could be close! Batch will score a few but not as many as Ellis would 

2 hours ago, Bash said:

I notice on discovery+ that this is not the live meeting now and they have switched it to Leicester v Oxford. Missing out on the British Grand Prix winner being there.

So does anyone know what is being shown?  Leicester website says its not from there, Discovery+ says it is, omg lets hope someone tells the camera crew where to go - what a shambles

2 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Ipswich Vs Sheffield is the Tv meeting according the Speedway GB site and Leicester's website 

Leicester website says 

Lions fans are reminded that this fixture will NOT be shown live on television, nor will it be live streamed due to Eurosport’s Monday night coverage from Ipswich, and the best way to cheer the team into the play-offs is from the track! All children will be admitted free as part of the club’s summer promotion.

Maybe the websites haven’t been updated yet. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they switched the TV fixture elsewhere. 

18 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

IMG_0753-compressed.thumb.jpeg.996f5d5bd5ac04a6948ff7ca814b4dbb.jpeg

I've just had an online chat with them, they haven't a clue, after explaining their website is incorrect they apologised and sent me 2 links to tomorrow's meeting, both showing Leicester, ha ha, chat ended with me saying I hope their outside broadcast team know where to go.  Then I get a satisfaction survey - they got one star for everything.

• Haha 1