British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Leicester, Thursday, 15 August

2 minutes ago, TINYS said:

Disagree, Emil's injury could have been avoided had the Sheffield track staff done their job.

I personally don’t think it was all about excess shale on the edge. Emil’s footrest snapped causing him problems on the end of straight and he could not rectify at that speed going into the bend

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

I personally don’t think it was all about excess shale on the edge. Emil’s footrest snapped causing him problems on the end of straight and he could not rectify at that speed going into the bend

Ok didn't know his footrest  broke before he crashed.

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

The big question tonight is will the forum stay up long enough for any of us to discuss the match :D

I am very confident it w

• Haha 3

So to avoid being excluded what you need to do is just run straight in to the rider messing up in front rather than taking avoiding action......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

The big question tonight is will the forum stay up long enough for any of us to discuss the match :D

So that was a big fat NO!

• Haha 1

witches always likely to be up against even before Rew’s fall and mistakes gifted points to the lions.  masters moving at the start in heat 7 should have been pulled back and with him on a warning he maybe wouldn’t have made quick starts in subsequent heats.  think that fricke had to be excluded in heat 1 as he was the prime cause of the stoppage with ellis taking avoiding action.  nicholls and king are past their prime and both were guilty of riding too wide forfeiting further points. no prizes were up for grabs last night but sides rarely recover from their top riders coming back from injury ready to perform at their best so unfortunately it looks as though the witches are destined for disappointment.

on another note i can’t understand why leicester are able to bring in kemp for cook.  on what grounds is cook unable to ride?  a week or two off seems reasonable given his partner is due to give birth but this has been going on forever now.  before we know it leicester will be picking horses for courses at reserve in the grand final.  they should be forced to track an ndl rider in my opinion.

Edited by chun
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, TINYS said:

Ok didn't know his footrest  broke before he crashed.

So you didn't know the facts bit decided to slag off the Sheffield track preparation on 2 different threads ? Did you even watch the match or just jump on the bandwagon ?

• Thanks 1

Disaster for the Witches but a very good night for the Lions. I think we can safely say that the Witches chances are now probably over. I hope Adam is back for Monday but at the moment their three best riders at Foxhall are injured.

Edited by GeneralMelchett

2 hours ago, chun said:

witches always likely to be up against even before Rew’s fall and mistakes gifted points to the lions.  masters moving at the start in heat 7 should have been pulled back and with him on a warning he maybe wouldn’t have made quick starts in subsequent heats.  think that fricke had to be excluded in heat 1 as he was the prime cause of the stoppage with ellis taking avoiding action.  nicholls and king are past their prime and both were guilty of riding too wide forfeiting further points. no prizes were up for grabs last night but sides rarely recover from their top riders coming back from injury ready to perform at their best so unfortunately it looks as though the witches are destined for disappointment.

on another note i can’t understand why leicester are able to bring in kemp for cook.  on what grounds is cook unable to ride?  a week or two off seems reasonable given his partner is due to give birth but this has been going on forever now.  before we know it leicester will be picking horses for courses at reserve in the grand final.  they should be forced to track an ndl rider in my opinion.

Being honest it cost them as Kemp was pretty ineffective if they reach the playoff final then there reserves may well cost them!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, GeneralMelchett said:

Disaster for the Witches but a very good night for the Lions. I think we can safely say that the Witches chances are now probably over. I hope Adam is back for Monday but at the moment their three best riders at Foxhall are injured.

Adam suffered mild concussion so will sit out for the mandatory 9 days. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

So you didn't know the facts bit decided to slag off the Sheffield track preparation on 2 different threads ? Did you even watch the match or just jump on the bandwagon ?

I saw the track was like they were growing spuds up against the fence even with a footrest he would have crashed.

23 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Adam suffered mild concussion so will sit out for the mandatory 9 days. 

Thanks - glad his shoulder and or wrist seem good then! He was down for a while and you feared the worst when he withdrew. Hopefully he will be back and fully able to race in 09 days then

2 hours ago, DaveWayne said:

That’s what they do.. Ellis injured last night due to Ipswich been a tight little narrow track or was it an unfortunate racing incident? Depends if you want to look at facts or just slag off riders you dislike and blame the track/club