British Speedway Forum

Workington 2025

7 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

I wonder if Connor has been back on a bike since his departure, probably not if he has sold his equipment. Doesn't seem like the actions of a young man who believes he wants a future in the sport although I would like to be wrong .

You probably are. Why not ask him ?  You surely cant expect accurate information on HERE ?  Be careful posting your thoughts or feelings on here too. !

29 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

You probably are. Why not ask him ?  You surely cant expect accurate information on HERE ?  Be careful posting your thoughts or feelings on here too. !

I don't know Connor well enough to be comfortable with doing that on social media. 

Information on here isn't verified so no I don't expect it to be 100% accurate even though i'm sure a lot of is. It is after all a forum where views and ideas can be exchanged among like minded people having speedway in common. 👍

• Like 1

7 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Rumours are anti might not be back in UK 

Which will be a shame 

He rode well last night ar Sheffield id expect belle Vue to want both tate and anti if they can build a team around them 

It will be a shame if Antti doesn't return beause I would expect him to increase his away average next season now he knows what the tracks are all about, maybe with the exception of Berwick which seemed to phase him big style. He has appeared to be nothing other than professional so much so that I can't remember him having a mechanical failure in Comets kevlars. Much may depend on what if anything happens for him in Poland. Looking in from the outside I would say he has been very well looked after by the Worky promotion. 👍👌

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I don't know Connor well enough to be comfortable with doing that on social media. 

Information on here isn't verified so no I don't expect it to be 100% accurate even though i'm sure a lot of is. It is after all a forum where views and ideas can be exchanged among like minded people having speedway in common. 👍

He has sold his equipment so I guess he has no plans on a return anytime soon.

He is still working for Allied Vehicles so he may just be content doing this.

cant see anything wrong in what you asked.

Edited by Gazc

8 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ive always found the 2 point average questionable. Yes it offers opportunities but more so because the average is low and teams take a chance rather than because riders are of sufficient quality. 

Assessed averages for overseas riders are about spot on and any reduction would definitely not help British speedway.

Sort out the NDL? Thats been done to its massive detriment. Its hanging on by a thread and solely because there are so few clubs and a number of old hands that are willing to ride as a hobby and bulk out the numbers. The amount of pure quality in the league is few and far between and most were already a known entity before turning 15. Once the remaining 'established' riders get bored of the drawn out fixture list and sell up it will cease and probably just be replaced with a series of NDL level individual fixture sup and down the country. 

The NDL is vitally important in my view. Last season Worky were apparently led to believe there would be no NDL so were more or less forced to go Championship only to then find a weaker NDL remained. It was good to hear Oxford confirm there committment to the NDL on wednesday although more teams are definitely required along with initiatives to get more youngsters into the sport at lower cost.

Edited by SteelShoe

8 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

I wonder if Connor has been back on a bike since his departure, probably not if he has sold his equipment. Doesn't seem like the actions of a young man who believes he wants a future in the sport although I would like to be wrong .

Hopefully he sold his equipment he was struggling with to have a bit of a mental reset and get new stuff in for a fresh, hopefully positive, start again. Would be a shame if he packs it in now as he still has the potential to do well in the sport.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB723 said:

Hopefully he sold his equipment he was struggling with to have a bit of a mental reset and get new stuff in for a fresh, hopefully positive, start again. Would be a shame if he packs it in now as he still has the potential to do well in the sport.

Watching Connor the season before he never looked anything other than confident . Obviously the pressure of his poor form this season must have affected him mentally until it became too much. I would love to see him return but only if he is happier doing so. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Watching Connor the season before he never looked anything other than confident . Obviously the pressure of his poor form this season must have affected him mentally until it became too much. I would love to see him return but only if he is happier doing so. 

He was quite open and honest in his SS interview.He just was struggling with everything to do with the sport IMO.Did the right thing in taking a break.Just have to wait and see what happens in the future.Personally think he is a decent talent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

Really ?  But some people on here dont like posters writing about their "views" or feelings !!  So perhaps the forum guidelines should be that only 100 % pure FACT should be posted ?  Just my "view". 

Edited by A.N.Other

2 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

He has been on a bike since he left. I saw a clip of him on Gavin Parr's upright a month or so ago at Redcar 🙂

Although a spin on someone elses bike is very different to committing to a full season

Edited by Shaggy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ive always found the 2 point average questionable. Yes it offers opportunities but more so because the average is low and teams take a chance rather than because riders are of sufficient quality. 

Assessed averages for overseas riders are about spot on and any reduction would definitely not help British speedway.

Sort out the NDL? Thats been done to its massive detriment. Its hanging on by a thread and solely because there are so few clubs and a number of old hands that are willing to ride as a hobby and bulk out the numbers. The amount of pure quality in the league is few and far between and most were already a known entity before turning 15. Once the remaining 'established' riders get bored of the drawn out fixture list and sell up it will cease and probably just be replaced with a series of NDL level individual fixture sup and down the country. 

Dont think the Premiership back up this notion. Ask Birmingham about Milik, Lampart and Pawlicki and Oxford about Jankowski. While Workington's Vuolas and Zischke did well, Liebmann didn't and ask Glasgow fans what they think about Ivacic and you won't get a positive response. 

1 hour ago, Beirao said:

Dont think the Premiership back up this notion. Ask Birmingham about Milik, Lampart and Pawlicki and Oxford about Jankowski. While Workington's Vuolas and Zischke did well, Liebmann didn't and ask Glasgow fans what they think about Ivacic and you won't get a positive response. 

Celine Liebman, I believe was on a 4pt assessed average at Workington. Replacing her rather than Sam meant a higher averaged rider could be brought in. 

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I think a return to Workington for Connor, may just rekindle his love for the sport 🤷‍♂️

Possibly although he is based and works for Allied in Glasgow, if he is going to consider a return either Club would be a good fit.

I agree though Workington would be a good choice to regain his mojo but I wouldn’t be against a Glasgow return either.

Whatever he decides hopefully regaining his confidence and enthusiasm for the sport sees him return next season.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neila said:

Interesting late addition to SGP2 in torun this weekend,  Slater Lightcap who made a good impression at the BEN fund meeting.  Will be interesting to see how he goes, maybe a rider for 2025 ?

To add to this, while on the topic of USA riders, Young Alex Martin who also featured in the ben fund, qualified for a Btitish League Visa for next year after finishing 4th in the AMA national championship series.

• Like 1