British Speedway Forum

Workington 2025

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Without knowing the rules for next year it's tough, but no harm in having fun predicting teams.

Troy Batchelor - 8.38

Paco Castagna - 6.97

Tate Zische - 6.96

Antti Vuolas - 6.29

Connor Bailey - 4.97

Paul Starke - 3.50

Ace Pijper - 2.93

Total - 40.00

Wouldn't want ace beat by most of the new 2 pointers, waste of points imo and did nothing when at workington this season. If going with a 2 pointer id go with Sonny Springer he's definitely worth a chance at no7. 

Edited by mc131

15 minutes ago, mc131 said:

Wouldn't want ace beat by most of the new 2 pointers, waste of points imo and did nothing when at workington this season. If going with a 2 pointer id go with Sonny Springer he's definitely worth a chance at no7. 

Must admit I was surprised how much Ace struggled with the Northside track when guesting against Redacr especially as he rode for us last season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mc131 said:

Sonny Springer is certainly an interesting one. I would rather take a chance on a higher average ndl rider than Ace.

Although a higher average doesn't necessarily mean a better rider. Sonny Springer has looked very promising and currently is on a 6.

Ben Trigger is high 8s, higher than connor coles but after witnessing Connor Coles this weekend I'd rather take him over Trigger 

Edited by Woke23

5 hours ago, Woke23 said:

Sonny Springer is certainly an interesting one. I would rather take a chance on a higher average ndl rider than Ace.

Although a higher average doesn't necessarily mean a better rider. Sonny Springer has looked very promising and currently is on a 6.

Ben Trigger is high 8s, higher than connor coles but after witnessing Connor Coles this weekend I'd rather take him over Trigger 

Sonny has been beating alot of no1s this season beat Trigger heat 1 on Friday at redcar imo he's similar to Vinnie Foord definitely worth taking a chance on.

6 hours ago, Woke23 said:

Normally it would make sense to sign a rider with a higher NL average, but like you say it's not always as simple as that.

Last year Ace did very well in the Champ 3+ ave, but was below 6 in the NL. Foord was only a 6 point rider when Poole took him on & he's done very well. James has dropped to reserve for Leicester, but (just) hitting his average for Edinburgh, while Perry had the highest NL average of all newcomers but struggled with Poole, granted he was coming back from injury.

Judging by how important it is to win at home as proved this season I think it will be something like this. Believe you could probably make the playoffs on 1 away win this season.

Cook 8.42

Batch 8.38

Tate 6.96

Antti 6.29

New rider 4.00

Starke 3.50

New Rider 2.00

39.55 on current GSA’s

I watched Starke practicing after the meeting yesterday and was really impressed with the way he was attacking the track in the same way Cookie/Tate do

Edited by Marksman

2 hours ago, Marksman said:

Judging by how important it is to win at home as proved this season I think it will be something like this. Believe you could probably make the playoffs on 1 away win this season.

Cook 8.42

Batch 8.38

Tate 6.96

Antti 6.29

New rider 4.00

Starke 3.50

New Rider 2.00

39.55 on current GSA’s

I watched Starke practicing after the meeting yesterday and was really impressed with the way he was attacking the track in the same way Cookie/Tate do

I think that would be a decent team. Even Starke. On that averages at reserve, based on what he's done so far for Workington, I think he'd be a good signing.

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

I think that would be a decent team. Even Starke. On that averages at reserve, based on what he's done so far for Workington, I think he'd be a good signing.

Yeah Starke a good signing if at reserve and reliable for at 6/7 points a meeting from 5 rides, as opposed to the 1/2 points we were often getting combined.

To put into context of how poor our reserves have been prior to signing Starke..

53+10 from 110 rides (McGurk + Liebmann combined)

Starke - 23+4 from 22 rides so far on his own...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Batch    8.oo

Tate       6.96

Antti       6.00

Drew kemp  5.91

Slater lightcap   5.00

Starke       3.51

AN other    ?.??

Total 35.38

Edited by Neila

1 hour ago, Neila said:

Batch    8.oo

Tate       6.96

Antti       6.00

Drew kemp  5.91

Slater lightcap   5.00

Starke       3.51

AN other    ?.??

Total 35.38

I'm not 100% sure but surely Antti, batch, and starkes averages will increase.

Who would have thought a Public Forum would get so many Snowflakes Programme Boards in a tizzy!

A 2 pointer not scoring 2 pointsisn't causing any team to lose, that's down to the other 6 experienced riders to score above their averages. The re jig in the averages was to allow British riders to come into the CL for the future of the sport in the UK.

A few things of note if I may

Ace was achieving above 2 points and was victim of the Numbers game, now it's a case of this ones better that ones not based on NL averages - perhaps some riders NL average (Harrison for example) is lower because he's used the National DEVELOPMENT League to figure out what he needs set up wise to be able to score in the CL and it isn't all about winning heats in the NDL for him.

Starkey comes in and problem solved apparently, what happens when he moves into main body and struggles to score there?

Imagine McGurk riding at number 7 whilst CL is there and he has the outside gates and struggles, he goes to number 6 and bingo wins heat 2(after being moved to the inside gate).

Wind your necks in a bit the days of 2 pointers scoring 5,6,7 or 8s is long gone and it's up to the other 6 to allow them the time to Develope.

Also note Harrison had part Season no pressure at Redcar in 2023 where he could find his feet at CL, McGurk, Perry,Hodder are in same position this Season Harrison was last year- maybe some even have 2 year Deals to allow them time!

2 Home 2 Away no cups next Season and you won't see the same teams against each other 15 times in 5 weeks with some having 16 meetings a season and others 20 plus.

It's not rocket science it's Speedway and a public forum, even for the snowflakes

Edited by MillenTheVillen
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 7:42 AM, geoff100 said:

Is craig fit for the pairs?

He isn’t riding for Leicester tonight so my guess is he won’t be at the pairs tomorrow either.