British Speedway Forum

Workington 2025

Not going to be easy putting a team together for next season, no Pickering and and if rumours are right no Brennan or Ben Cook definitely dilutes the No1/heat leader pool. Who is gonna step up and fill these guys steel shoe because all 3 are racers ?. Being a weekend track provides an extra complication and reduces the rider pool  further for the Comets with Poland in the mix although Poole appeared to work around their weekend away fixtures well this season with Brennan and Cook riding in Poland.

We don't know what the points limit is going to be although this may be influenced by teams who may already have their teams largely sorted ?.  This is obviously going to be important with only Glasgow surprisingly below this seasons 38 point team building average.

Tate is the only certainty for 2025  with Antti apparently having aspirations in Poland and uncertain of a return to British Speedway. It's fair to say Sam McGurk won't be back but there are options here. I could easily see Max James  progress  further next season. Riders I can see making further progress next season include Dan and Joe Thomson , Jordan Jenkins, Ashton Boughen, Luke Harrison, Vinnie Ford, and James Pearson they would all go well around Northside. Gonna be  interesting to see whether the Comets spread the net in recruiting for 2025 it certainly paid off with Tate and Antti. 

5 hours ago, SteelShoe said:

Not going to be easy putting a team together for next season, no Pickering and and if rumours are right no Brennan or Ben Cook definitely dilutes the No1/heat leader pool. Who is gonna step up and fill these guys steel shoe because all 3 are racers ?. Being a weekend track provides an extra complication and reduces the rider pool  further for the Comets with Poland in the mix although Poole appeared to work around their weekend away fixtures well this season with Brennan and Cook riding in Poland.

We don't know what the points limit is going to be although this may be influenced by teams who may already have their teams largely sorted ?.  This is obviously going to be important with only Glasgow surprisingly below this seasons 38 point team building average.

Tate is the only certainty for 2025  with Antti apparently having aspirations in Poland and uncertain of a return to British Speedway. It's fair to say Sam McGurk won't be back but there are options here. I could easily see Max James  progress  further next season. Riders I can see making further progress next season include Dan and Joe Thomson , Jordan Jenkins, Ashton Boughen, Luke Harrison, Vinnie Ford, and James Pearson they would all go well around Northside. Gonna be  interesting to see whether the Comets spread the net in recruiting for 2025 it certainly paid off with Tate and Antti. 

Points limit is 38 again

2 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Luke Harrison signed a 3 year contract with the Scorpions last year, according to Mr Godfrey, when he introduced him to the team.

I can confirm that was said but with his average increasing significantly and a potential lowering of team averages it is yet to be confirmed he can be fitted in

4 hours ago, scunny1 said:

Luke Harrison signed a 3 year contract with the Scorpions last year, according to Mr Godfrey, when he introduced him to the team.

Good bit of a business that, he aptly demonstrated his potential at Worky and has progressed really well and will do so again next season of that i've no doubt.

3 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I can confirm that was said but with his average increasing significantly and a potential lowering of team averages it is yet to be confirmed he can be fitted in

Scunny current team average is 43.83 so there will be team changes. Luke's current average is 4.43 . 

3 hours ago, mc131 said:

Points limit is 38 again

Might prove difficult to work around this with most team averages rising some substantially. Top 4 averages currently Poole 46.49, Oxford 43.30, Scunny 43.83 and Worky 42.25. 

54 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Might prove difficult to work around this with most team averages rising some substantially. Top 4 averages currently Poole 46.49, Oxford 43.30, Scunny 43.83 and Worky 42.25. 

Approx 75% of riders have increased their starting averages.

5 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Surely they can't lower the team average again it's getting beyond a joke 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Surely they can't lower the team average again it's getting beyond a joke 

It’s already a joke,every season they lower them it gives average Heat Leaders a highly inflated false average.Thats GB speedway,self interest rules the day.

1 hour ago, SteelShoe said:

If the 2 point riders are to be retained I'm not sure there are 6 or 7 riders in the NDL ready to step up.

if it looks like it could be another 2 . 00 rider needed for 2025 . why are we letting sam go , all he needs is a bit of help from Steve Lawson . cookie , and tate to give him something from the starts . better the devil you know . than the drivel ya dont .

same could be said about Celina .  they both need to smooth their starts out .  both deserve another shot at it  . who knows what tate could scout for us

Edited by j2ohh