British Speedway Forum

Workington 2025

51 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Well tell us what the "bad vibes" are.

no one can tell us of the bad vibes if there is non to moan about . plus the fact it is nothing to do with us  .

lets see what the 2025 season comes up with and let the people in charge sort things out and not the nosey parkers . we are not the ones in control of workington speedway .

Well done Workington on your 1st season back in championship, lovely set up there, you had a team with a few unknowns and coped well, to make the play offs was an astounding result and you may have gotten further if you had your full team without injuries. Hopefully you can get back some of the Derwent park fans and continue to do well next season. Believe it or not a lot of Glasgow fans were supporting you to do well, shame that there are 1 or 2 Workington fans dislike us, but for the most part you are a friendly lot. You have Steve Lawson who is very well thought off at Glasgow, you also have my fave rider Craig Cook and Claus is also loved by Glasgow fans. I look forward to some friendly rivalry next season.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, A.N.Other said:

Does anyone think, like I am, that one way or another, with recent writings, and "events" that havent gone unnoticed....something is going on re Workington Speedway ?  And NOT in a good way ?  Or maybe I am imagining things ?

Sure you will dip into that off shore account of yours and make a hefty donation if the events are finance related 🤣👍👌

5 hours ago, Weeyin said:

Well done Workington on your 1st season back in championship, lovely set up there, you had a team with a few unknowns and coped well, to make the play offs was an astounding result and you may have gotten further if you had your full team without injuries. Hopefully you can get back some of the Derwent park fans and continue to do well next season. Believe it or not a lot of Glasgow fans were supporting you to do well, shame that there are 1 or 2 Workington fans dislike us, but for the most part you are a friendly lot. You have Steve Lawson who is very well thought off at Glasgow, you also have my fave rider Craig Cook and Claus is also loved by Glasgow fans. I look forward to some friendly rivalry next season.

Thank you Weeyin for those kind words, it has been great to be back. Not sure about any Worky fans disliking you guys, for me personally the Tiggers Fans, Club and Track are top notch and an exemplar for eveyone else to follow. See you next season 👌👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, tyretrax said:

j2ohn, I agree with you. Why are people making out that there's problems, are they stirring it?

Im in agreement with you too. Seen a few words in the programme basically saying use it or lose it. It’s not going anywhere, I’m sick of saying the same thing over and over.

• Like 2