British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Leicester Mon 12th August PL

Although I did not attend last night I am told it was a disgrace with dust from the opening race & barely able to watch the limited racing by the end of the meeting the dust got that bad BUT I think Birmingham can only blame themselves for the last heat loss last night . 

I am told they allowed the Leicester track curator to do all the track grading during the interval after heat 11,

Is it purely coincidence that a Leicester rider won 3 of the last 4 races after the interval 🤔🤔

Absolute foolish from Birmingham. If I was a Brummies fan I would be asking serious questions of my promotion for allowing this to happen. 

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Although I did not attend last night I am told it was a disgrace with dust from the opening race & barely able to watch the limited racing by the end of the meeting the dust got that bad BUT I think Birmingham can only blame themselves for the last heat loss last night . 

Sorry, but that is absolute tosh... yes there was dust, but it was not anywhere near bad enough that you couldn't see the racing.

As you stated, you weren't there 🙄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StephenMiller said:

Sorry, but that is absolute tosh... yes there was dust, but it was not anywhere near bad enough that you couldn't see the racing.

As you stated, you weren't there 🙄

I was stood on the first turn and to be fair it was pretty difficult to see what was going on on bends 3/4 by the end of the meeting. Why on earth they let tracks get like that is beyond me and Brum are not the only culprits.

Something else I noticed, from memory only Wiktor Lampart, Richard Lawson and maybe Drew Kemp came around for applause during the meeting, prior to Lions snatching victory in the final race.

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Tbf Jason and Emil are the top two in the averages   But Freddie would be very welcome at Ipswich. 

One advantage for Freddie would be he won't have to race at Perry Barr and if Ipswich did have him to guest I am sure he will fly around  Belle Vue or Sheffield.

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

One advantage for Freddie would be he won't have to race at Perry Barr and if Ipswich did have him to guest I am sure he will fly around  Belle Vue or Sheffield.

He scored 7 from 5 rides including two duck eggs around the NSS a couple of weeks back. He looked far quicker there in the Speedway of Nations though so you have to ask the question, how much is he putting in to the league meetings for Birmingham? He now has an actual average of 7 and a half, pretty poor for a rider of his quality. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Tbf Jason and Emil are the top two in the averages   But Freddie would be very welcome at Ipswich. 

Yes indeed the Witches have an excellent top two but I think many would have also expected Freddie to be up around the 9 point mark which would bring him very close JD. At the moment Freddie is averaging nearer to 8 but that might move up a bit in Birmingham’s remaining four matches, two of which are against the Witches!

As you say he would be very welcome at Ipswich.

5 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

I am told they allowed the Leicester track curator to do all the track grading during the interval after heat 11,

Is it purely coincidence that a Leicester rider won 3 of the last 4 races after the interval 🤔🤔

Absolute foolish from Birmingham. If I was a Brummies fan I would be asking serious questions of my promotion for allowing this to happen. 

Do you really believe the Track Grade altered the result.Personally I don’t.

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

You know what we are on about,and we are not on about Musielak because he never returned after his injury.We are on about the likes of Basso and Kurtz that have picked the meetings they wanted to ride in and neglecting their British 

20 hours ago, r8gdp said:

Overrated overpaid and over here, well should be lol

Quick recovery from fever yesterday to ride in Sweden tonight for pawlicki :rolleyes: another pointless 28 day ban coming

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I was stood on the first turn and to be fair it was pretty difficult to see what was going on on bends 3/4 by the end of the meeting. Why on earth they let tracks get like that is beyond me and Brum are not the only culprits.

Something else I noticed, from memory only Wiktor Lampart, Richard Lawson and maybe Drew Kemp came around for applause during the meeting, prior to Lions snatching victory in the final race.

Leon Flint did as well after his on the line overtake of Lawson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

He scored 7 from 5 rides including two duck eggs around the NSS a couple of weeks back. He looked far quicker there in the Speedway of Nations though so you have to ask the question, how much is he putting in to the league meetings for Birmingham? He now has an actual average of 7 and a half, pretty poor for a rider of his quality. 

If he guested riding with Emil, he will put the effort in although Bewley and Kurtz are quite good at their home track!

3 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Top two at Ipswich.

2 hours ago, AceBelle said:

Quick recovery from fever yesterday to ride in Sweden tonight for pawlicki :rolleyes: another pointless 28 day ban coming

Pawlicki did not ride in Sweden tonight.