British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Leicester Mon 12th August PL

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Prediction: Birmingham 44 Leicester 46.

Honestly looking at the teams I'd have Brummies down for a 2 points win, but they have a knack of riding terribly whenever they look to have a chance, so can easily see them lose every match for the rest of the season.

Don’t suppose you’ve got Saturday’s Lotto numbers have you!

10 hours ago, tellboy said:

I think you take the p!$$ at times.Kurtz rode on a Saturday and missed a Monday a while ago but that was ok🤔.I dont like this situation but it seems there are a few riders at different clubs doing it this 

but kurtz came back where are musielak and basso let me know when they ride again for kings Lynn :nono:

5 hours ago, AceBelle said:

but kurtz came back where are musielak and basso let me know when they ride again for kings Lynn :nono:

You know what we are on about,and we are not on about Musielak because he never returned after his injury.We are on about the likes of Basso and Kurtz that have picked the meetings they wanted to ride in and neglecting their British clubs.

• Like 1

Once again Birmingham oh so close, can't help but feel sorry for them, just need a bit of good fortune. 

4 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Lindgren's gating is surprisingly poor for a rider who is GP winner this year and current World no.2 in the standings

Maybe he's got an eye on next year. 😉

With the weather forecast being dry and hot all day why not try to get more water into the track during the day? I thought the track prep was poor. Is it always to that standard at Birmingham?

16 minutes ago, SJA said:

With the weather forecast being dry and hot all day why not try to get more water into the track during the day? I thought the track prep was poor. Is it always to that standard at Birmingham?

Track has been very poor for the last couple of seasons now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StephenMiller said:

Track has been very poor for the last couple of seasons now

Thats a shame as I remember there being some good racing there the year they had Doyle and Barker in the team.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SJA said:

They should've sacked Pawlicki and bought a decent bowser with the money saved.

The track prep has been inadequate for most meetings.

In fact, the time that the track was prepared well, B'ham actually won (v Belle Vue)

Can't see many turning up next year (if they continue) unless something is done about the surface.

It will be hard to attract decent riders....'who wants to race on that every week'.....'let alone watch it' ?!

(unless you're a good gater of course....) 😃

Edited by GiveusaB

5 hours ago, tellboy said:

You know what we are on about,and we are not on about Musielak because he never returned after his injury.We are on about the likes of Basso and Kurtz that have picked the meetings they wanted to ride in and neglecting their British clubs.

Kurtz rode in GP qualifer on the Saturday after Tuesday being injured in Sweden then missed b/vue on the Monday he aggravated the injury he was pictured in a protective boot as for musielak we all know what's  gone on and Basso doing exactly the same suits Chapman not to pay them &flights you reap what you sow as the phrase says 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Can't see many turning up next year (if they continue) unless something is done about the surface.

Not sure there will be a next season given that its contingent on the greyhound racing continuing for another year (thought they were clearing off at the end of 2024 ?)

Tolley said it would cost then 4-5 times current level of expense to take on the stadium lease 🤯

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

@stevebrum Please provide an explanation for Lindgren.

Birmingham's decision to sign Lindgren ahead of Laguta looks like the biggest mistake in the history of British Speedway.

Very funny...although you might find Millik and Pawlicki hold that title!! 😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3