British Speedway Forum

Birmingham v Leicester Mon 12th August PL

1 hour ago, AceBelle said:

Another one along with Basso ride Sunday and score well but are suddenly not fit to ride next day taking the p--sĀ :mad:

I think you take the p!$$ at times.Kurtz rode on a Saturday and missed a Monday a while ago but that was okšŸ¤”.I dont like this situation but it seems there are a few riders at different clubs doing it this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

I think you take the p!$$ at times.Kurtz rode on a Saturday and missed a Monday a while ago but that was okšŸ¤”.I dont like this situation but it seems there are a few riders at different clubs doing it this season.

And they've all got away with it except for Covatti. Basso was going to be suspended but was able to provide a medical certificate but then rode twice afterwards before missing tonight's match!

40 minutes ago, iainb said:

And they've all got away with it except for Covatti. Basso was going to be suspended but was able to provide a medical certificate but then rode twice afterwards before missing tonight's match!

They ride in Poland on Sunday .Score well and cant be botheredĀ  to come over next day ...

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

Donā€™t forget PC and Kenny Carter, also going for individual glory in an FIM event.Ā 
Must admit Iā€™m ok with that, itā€™s the picking and choosing leagues that gets me.Ā 
The forum, even now surprises me. I never thought that when PC rode to 2nd in the world with a leg full of stitches or Carter won the British Final with a broken leg, that thereā€™d be fans thinking they were wrong uns for riding in FIM events whilst not turning out for their respective league clubs.Ā 
Every days is a learning day, as they say.Ā 

3 minutes ago, ouch said:

Donā€™t forget PC and Kenny Carter, also going for individual glory in an FIM event.Ā 
Must admit Iā€™m ok with that, itā€™s the picking and choosing leagues that gets me.Ā 
The forum, even now surprises me. I never thought that when PC rode to 2nd in the world with a leg full of stitches or Carter won the British Final with a broken leg, that thereā€™d be fans thinking they were wrong uns for riding in FIM events whilst not turning out for their respective league clubs.Ā 

Men of steel not like some whimps of today

29 minutes ago, ouch said:

It'sĀ  the picking and choosing matches that's wrong.If you are fit for one,you should be fit for the next one.Shouldnt matter whether it's league matches or for your individual glory.It is just showing they only care about themselves and not the paying public who fund their wages.Most of those should take a leaf out of Bombers book and he seems to ride wherever and wherever he can.

Prediction: Birmingham 44 Leicester 46.

Honestly looking at the teams I'd have Brummies down for a 2 points win, but they have a knack of riding terribly whenever they look to have a chance, so can easily see them lose every match for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

Another great team management by Ermolenko.Z.Cook and Lampart are scoring well and one of them are going to miss out on a RR ride because he has given 2 to Toft.

10 hours ago, StephenMiller said:

Pawlicki out of tonight's meeting :-

Ā 

BIRMINGHAM will again be without Piotr Pawlicki for tonightā€™s (Monday) home clash with Leicester.

The Pole has been ruled out with fever and sickness and rider replacement will again be operated in his absence.

Ā 

Overrated overpaid and over here, well should be lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Another great team management by Ermolenko.Z.Cook and Lampart are scoring well and one of them are going to miss out on a RR ride because he has given 2 to Toft.

Lampart got excluded under the 2 minute rule for his R/R after coming off dueĀ to first bend bunching in the first stagingĀ and he was replaced by MPT

Ā 

Edited by iainb

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

Lampart got excluded under the 2 minute rule for his R/R and he was replaced by MPT

I stand corrected,he's still a poor manager though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1