British Speedway Forum

Aces v Lynn

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Shoulder still not in a suitable condition according to him.Taking a week off.He has still yet to do a full meeting since his accident.

he did today had 4 rides scoring 7pts replaced in heat 10 then won heat 11 and finished 3rd in heat 14 so seems pretty much ok today !!

2 minutes ago, AceBelle said:

he did today had 4 rides scoring 7pts replaced in heat 10 then won heat 11 and finished 3rd in heat 14 so seems pretty much ok today !!

Yes didn't do 5 rides which would have been expected.

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Shoulder still not in a suitable condition according to him.Taking a week off.He has still yet to do a full meeting since his accident.

I don’t like the sound of that Tel, if I’m honest. Hope he’s not another one🤔

Edited by Bald Bloke
Can’t spell

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don’t like the sound of that Tel, if I’m honest. Hope he’s not another one🤔

Hope not,he has seemed pretty happy with Buster the last 3 years.

12 hours ago, tellboy said:

I rather suspect Poland don’t give them the choice, they ride or they start paying back sone of their start money is what I have heard, a bit more flexibility in the UK where we don’t force riders to ride when they are clearly unfit to do so.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

I rather suspect Poland don’t give them the choice, they ride or they start paying back sone of their start money is what I have heard, a bit more flexibility in the UK where we don’t force riders to ride when they are clearly unfit to do so.

Someone (Nicki P?), once put his contract out on line to show the restrictions...

Any injuries from "elsewhere", and not in an FIM meeting, would result in the return of some/all of the signing on fee, (which can be six figures for the very best).. 

Some riders were at the time thinking about contesting the restraint of trade that they felt they had...

Don't think too much came of it...

You tend to get told what to do in Poland I would suggest, and that is fair enough given the big numbers they pay out...

14 hours ago, tellboy said:

I was thinking more his Polish club with Ben. As you say, no problems at PB or Lynn, that we know of in the past.

1 hour ago, rearingtogo said:

You mean Rob Lyon.

Has Rob been paying Basso then for the last 3 years? I think not.

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was thinking more his Polish club with Ben. As you say, no problems at PB or Lynn, that we know of in the past.

Has Rob been paying Basso then for the last 3 years? I think not.

Perhaps not, but knowing rob I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t ride under his management. After all he is also a promoter with Dale Allitt

16 hours ago, AceBelle said:

If you are going to deploy the 'not fit for british tracks line' then best its not used on the NSS as its possibly the most Polish of tracks out there!

Can't see an anything other than a big home win here which means as a neutral I may just watch the highlights after. But lets hope its a cracker! Maybe KL have the advantage at reserve!

Edited by GeneralMelchett

3 minutes ago, rearingtogo said:

Perhaps not, but knowing rob I can’t think of anyone who wouldn’t ride under his management. After all he is also a promoter with Dale Allitt

As good as Rob might be. I'm sure Basso, or any other rider wouldn't have rode for a Buster club for 3 years,if he wasn't happy with his dea, and wasn't being paid.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

As good as Rob might be. I'm sure Basso, or any other rider wouldn't have rode for a Buster club for 3 years,if he wasn't happy with his dea, and wasn't being paid.

Deffo

49 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Basso was not always happy last season especially with the cheap material Buster kept putting down at Peterborough. Rob was often haven to put his arm around Basso`s shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Rickyag said:

No lol, but I think he is the best manager in speedway 👍

Certainly knows how to handle and get the best out of his riders

• Like 1