British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Oxford Cheetahs 14/8/24

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Pooles team was built top heavy relying on them to do the baulk of the scoring and when they don’t like Lawson and Z Cook last night they will struggle 

Hagon was signed as a 2 pointer for gods sake and is way above his average yet some of you are disappointed in him 

Thomsen is what he is a 4 pointer and your number 7 was always going to be an issue 

Surely Poole can’t choke 2 seasons running 

I think you will find we are not disappointed in Sam Hagon just his form has dipped and we would like him to return to his earlier form similar to Tobias, their form is probably because of injuries they have had and subsequent loss of form, hopefully they will recover. 

23 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Poole fans are so so fickle it’s laughable 

You have Sam Hagon signed on a 2.56 as a reserve and Thomsen on a 4….. both are averaging more and the reason you have done well is these 2 have over performed and Ben Cook has progressed in this league to a number 1 almost 

Hagon and Thomsen have dipped slightly and it’s all doom and gloom as if you expect these guys to score 6 and 7 each meeting 

Lawson getting 7 and Brennan being beat by Killeen didn’t help but seems these 2 are exempt from criticism … much easier to aim the flack and Hagon and Thomsen 

Lawson was a shock as he has been excellent, Brennan was a surprise too but it happens now and again that heat leaders get beaten by a reserve especially one who it seems is currently on fire. Hagon and Tobias will recover their form and confidence I am sure.

8 hours ago, j2ohh said:

no need to buy any stuffing for your x mas dinner , you already have it  . resest button pressed at Poole last night . poole riders beaten before they turned a wheel .looked like the track beat them and Oxford  . looks like worky will get some backlash from this result , or will they  ?    U.T.C.

I agree that Poole looked beet before ht1 

Not sure what pre match stuff was about but I went to a mates to watch  as they said ref on his way back and tapes going up so looks like we're going 

Poole riders on track all looking glum 

Credit to Oxford they were up for it and luke Killen showed what a lot knew he can do 

Did the track offer up better racing and more overtaking than the usual 1 for 2 passes. Definitely think Poole like to prep the track a certain way to which there own riders are dialled into,which of course is there perogative and certainly works for them. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, lewy said:

Did the track offer up better racing and more overtaking than the usual 1 for 2 passes. Definitely think Poole like to prep the track a certain way to which there own riders are dialled into,which of course is there perogative and certainly works for them. 

Maybe a few more passes than usual. The only unusual thing was Lawson getting passed a couple of times! Racing was a bit closer because Oxford were gating and we weren't. 

But there are a few comments floating around on SM about something being off with the Poole team before the meeting started. I assume it's because of the track. Apparently Zach wasn't happy with it and Hagon doesn't like Poole when it is wet. But Lawson said track was fine and not to be used as an excuse, in the media. Unless it is to do with team spirit? Idk. 

Edited by lisa-colette

42 minutes ago, lewy said:

Who cares Wayne.

22 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Maybe a few more passes than usual. The only unusual thing was Lawson getting passed a couple of times! Racing was a bit closer because Oxford were gating and we weren't. 

But there are a few comments floating around on SM about something being off with the Poole team before the meeting started. I assume it's because of the track. Apparently Zach wasn't happy with it and Hagon doesn't like Poole when it is wet. But Lawson said track was fine and not to be used as an excuse, in the media. Unless it is to do with team spirit? Idk. 

Thanks 

33 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Dont know why you feel the need to call Lewy Wayne. He obviously doesnt want people to call him Wayne so why do it?

Couldn't care less tbh,been called alot worse and when it's coming from the likes of tr who i completely ignore because I think everyone on here has him worked out anyway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Dont know why you feel the need to call Lewy Wayne. He obviously doesnt want people to call him Wayne so why do it?

Sent private messages about dead relatives & doesn't reply when messaged.