British Speedway Forum

Berwick v Workington CL 10/08/24 7-00pm

22 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Saw much better racing than I've ever seen at Berwick. I can count the decent meetings for entertainment I've seen at Berwick on one hand.  And yes, I've seen quite a few.

Berwick don't have the riders currently capable of producing the 'entertainment' sadly. Track is fine, the U21 final proved that in 2013.

Schlein and Borke are big misses clearly!

Edited by Robinh88

41 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Shut up ya clown probably cannot be bothered to do an interview with questions he doesn’t want to answer when he’s going through his pre meeting routines. Who knew a little swear word could offend people so easy.

Your a clown just like him, BSN trying to do a professional job, and they have idiots like that on their, Danyan Hume had a big problem with his bike, but was more than happy to be interviewed 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Your a clown just like him, BSN trying to do a professional job, and they have idiots like that on their, Danyan Hume had a big problem with his bike, but was more than happy to be interviewed 

I think Batch made a right "Charlie" of himself

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Blue Groove said:

McGurk being embarrassed at this level.  Decent heat leader at NDL level but a step too soon moving up this season.

I wouldn't even call him a decent heat leader at NL level. His average isn't great in a far weaker league than last year, currently averaging 6.29 against a starting ave of 6.08.

Probably expected him to put 2 points on his average, given the weaker league.

It's hard to know when's the right time to step up though.

Perry (7.75), Hodder (6.44) & McGurk (6.08) all struggling.

Max James (5.90) doing a fair bit better. Harrison (6.86) only slightly higher in the NL last year, has done fantastically well, while Tigger (6.34) & Pijper (5.81) started above 2.00 in the Champ while having averages lower than Perry & Hodder last year in the NL.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

Saw much better racing than I've ever seen at Berwick. I can count the decent meetings for entertainment I've seen at Berwick on one hand.  And yes, I've seen quite a few.

It is what it is Sir

At least it has defied the odds and run virtually non stop over 50 years 

Berwivk fans won't care a jot 

Newcastle used to be good but in later years before the closurethe  track was dire 

Edited by Catch Me If You Can

Love a read on here. Season done. Well done worky.  No complaints  on the result. As for the riders Batchelor can have his say . Bit like Cooke when he broke the track record then went on line to slag the place off. Boys at their real level think there better. As far as team goes for next year  drew and danyon  would be a shoe in for me . I’d try for a Lawson or Pickering as no1 and I’d have the home boy back ala mr flint. I’m no manager though eh!!!!!!! 

2 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Love a read on here. Season done. Well done worky.  No complaints  on the result. As for the riders Batchelor can have his say . Bit like Cooke when he broke the track record then went on line to slag the place off. Boys at their real level think there better. As far as team goes for next year  drew and danyon  would be a shoe in for me . I’d try for a Lawson or Pickering as no1 and I’d have the home boy back ala mr flint. I’m no manager though eh!!!!!!! 

A season that promised so much but delivered nothing. Injuries to Lewi, Rory and Bastian derailed a season full of ambition. Personally I would keep Drew, Danyon and Bastian for 2025 and let's see what the AGM brings in regards to team building. 

4 hours ago, StevePark said:

You must be on the same medication as Batchelor 

Another disappointing result, well done to Workington losing half your home league meetings is dire,I know we've had injuries but we've had some good guests and maybe one not,as someone said it's how you cope with them one of these years we will get to playoffs maybe.

Edited by Bandit59

After 3 heats and 12-6 down it was looking like it could be a long night but the Comets steadied the ship. 6 heat advantages from the last 7 heats won us the meeting. Mechanical failures evened themselves out while perhaps crucially the Bandits had 3 tape exclusions 2 of these in heats 13 and 15.  The comets had ultimately sealed victory in heat 14. Eleven heat winners for the Comets undoubtedly helped win the meeting with stand in skipper Troy Batchelor again displaying what a good gater he is. Claus Vissing's best performance for many weeks was crucial while guests Eric Riss and Simon Lambert were solid and scored good points. Drew Kemp was easily best for the Bandits who started brightly but the Bandits weren't able to hold off the Comets  in the second half of the meeting. I'm sure it will be closer at Northside for the return and the Comets will need to be on it. I hope Antti Vuolas is available following his off because he has been an important cog in the wheel at Northside this season. UTC !!

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

Another disappointing result, well done to Workington losing half your home league meetings is dire,I know we've had injuries but we've had some good guests and maybe one not,as someone said it's how you cope with them one of these years we will get to playoffs maybe.

Disappointing to have finished your home meetings so soon, I know I wouldn't like the comets to be in that situation so early in August.