British Speedway Forum

Berwick v Workington CL 10/08/24 7-00pm

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think they would be losing money if the did,crowd levels were not great even though they had a good looking Team.

I know they've had poor crowds before, but what if they had 5 weeks of NDL racing in a row? Fans knowing they've got a month off may turn up in greater numbers, possibly?

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

10th Aug last Home meeting (including a 5 week break).No wonder people are fed up with fixture planning.Something needs to be done or the sport will be finished.

Rattled through the fixtures April / May then blank Saturdays left right and centre. We started on May 22nd after lockdown in 2021 and still got fixtures completed in plenty time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neila said:

And some teams may struggle to get meetings in before the cut off date, in early September should maybe not have had weeks without meetings. 

Does anyone know when the cut off date is officially 

Too early to decide that just make it up as they go along, that's British speedway 

6 hours ago, Noelinho said:

The most likely cut off date is the date the last league fixture takes place.

Which can be after the final has been ran...:D

18 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

It was raining late morning/early afternoon so bore off with your horrific crack and go troll somewhere else.

You Workington fans get very touchy over the truth, wait until the truth about cookie's absence is out.!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lewy said:

You Workington fans get very touchy over the truth, wait until the truth about cookie's absence is out.!!

Yet again you continue to spout absolute bollocks. You only do it to divert attention away from your shambles of a club. Saw your comments on the Comets FB when the Plymouth meeting was postponed about being ‘cheats’ and you were laughed off.

Not touchy, we just don’t suffer fools like you lightly up here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

What, the truth that it actually did rain? Do you live a couple of minutes from the track? Didn’t think so. 

• Like 1

Just now, Marksman said:

Yet again you continue to spout absolute bollocks. You only do it to divert attention away from your shambles of a club. Saw your comments on the Comets FB when the Plymouth meeting was postponed about being ‘cheats’ and you were laughed off.

Not touchy, we just don’t suffer fools like you lightly up here.

I would say don’t entertain him but I’d have to follow my own advice :rofl: But I completely agree with you, jealousy is a very ugly look isn’t it

Anyways, back to the actual point of the thread.

Should be an entertaining meeting, we’ve got a couple good guests in Riss and Lambert. The addition of starke only strengthens us and should be in for a good nights pay looking at his opposite numbers.

ill go out on a limb and say 46-44 Workington win.

If I could bring this thread kicking and screaming back to the actual match, if Workington have any serious intentions about pinching a play off place then this is a must win for them. But Oxford thought that last week and we know what happened.

Hopefully a good match to end the season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, screm said:

If I could bring this thread kicking and screaming back to the actual match, if Workington have any serious intentions about pinching a play off place then this is a must win for them. But Oxford thought that last week and we know what happened.

Not quite.  Still got the meeting on Sept 7th to come.        

But yes, last home match for the Jewson Banditos tonight.

9 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Not quite.  Still got the meeting on Sept 7th to come.        

But yes, last home match for the Jewson Banditos tonight.

Due to the ridiculous fixture list our season is finished before Butlin's

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, lewy said:

Workington could miss out on the playoffs because of not completing all the league fixtures before cut off date,bit of an own goal calling meetings off just because vissing was on his holidays. :t:

When is the cut off off date then.

1 hour ago, screm said:

Pinching a spot?? Workington have been in the top 4 all season!!!

Edited by Supersteady84