British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Glasgow

9 hours ago, Jaizer said:

From your 2 posts I assume you've not heard of the butterfly effect? I'll assume no seen as you're assumptions that each result would've followed the previous one or that it will follow the result you've decided it will be.

Heat 15 for example what motivation did Edwards and bomber have? Just been shafted can't win the meeting and bonus was secure. Given they'd the better of barker and Thompson all night you'd think with motivation a 1-5 would not have been the result.

Anyway I'm sure you'll have some smart ass I know better than you response lined up but I've made my point

I understand your point, to a degree I can agree with you, the later heats may have been different, especially heat 15, although I'm not sure why they wouldn't try when they get paid for points money.

However Cami says the referee cost them the match more than once, even using your "butterfly effect" theory - Glasgow may have done better in heat 15, they also may not have.

So whatever way you see it, still can't say the ref cost Glasgow the match imo.

• Like 1

It was another good meeting at the Colosseum on Saturday night. Track was in great shape and another decent crowd in. Great to see some Tigers fans down in Devon as well.

Some good racing on track, Harris obliterating the track record was a treat in heat 1. Miracle both Jordan Jenkins and Joe Thompson walked away from that crash under their own steam. Best wishes to Joe and hopefully Jordan is okay as well.

Fair play to Cami Brown and the Glasgow promotion for getting the fixture on with their guest choices. Both Jenkins and Jason Edwards gave everything they had for the Tigers cause.

Wish them all the best for the rest of the season and look forward to their return to Devon in 2025 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Whilst I accept Barker got a jump on Harris in Heat 11, people need to look at the video again and see the initial movement at the tapes comes from Jack Smith

So should've been called back as unsatisfactory start and both riders warned. Which it wasn't. As others have said who knows who would or wouldn't have won with the perceived correct decisions made but there were certainly some dubious calls that the losing team will always call out (see rob Godfrey after Glasgow)

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

So should've been called back as unsatisfactory start and both riders warned. Which it wasn't. As others have said who knows who would or wouldn't have won with the perceived correct decisions made but there were certainly some dubious calls that the losing team will always call out (see rob Godfrey after Glasgow)

As well as Brown, Schroeck (can't remember the Godfrey one) often calls out refs decisions when they lose. Bizarrely the opposition team rarely claims they got a lucky win!

• Like 2