British Speedway Forum

Plymouth v Glasgow

Morning all,

Another fixture tomorrow at the Colosseum. Chris Harris and Glasgow in town. Always a bigger crowd when Harris is in action due to a number of Cornish supporters joining us. 

Should be a good meeting but interesting to see what teams are announced

2 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Tigers’ team for this fixture is awful. We only have three of our regulars: Bomber, Pearson, Smith.

Leon and Matic are riding on the continent, and the other two are out. Not sure who is replacing them.

That’s not great. Shame for Cami and the Tigers promotion. Could be tricky trying to put together a team. I guess this where it’s beneficial to build such a big lead after the first fixture 

It looks like the truly bizarre agreement to ride at Plymouth the night after Armadale is coming back to bite us big time. Whyever did we agree to this. Weren't there enough free Saturdays or even a Tuesday. Interestingly Edinburgh got a Tuesday in Devon. Really poor by our management. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Beirao said:

It looks like the truly bizarre agreement to ride at Plymouth the night after Armadale is coming back to bite us big time. Whyever did we agree to this. Weren't there enough free Saturdays or even a Tuesday. Interestingly Edinburgh got a Tuesday in Devon. Really poor by our management. 

Also with key riders missing .

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

I'm guessing Rowe will be in for Steve as he's at Edinburgh on Friday? Unfortunately Workington are at Berwick rules out a few options. Boughen and heeps as the middle order possibly? 

Ashton Boughen is at same meeting as Leon and Matic European Pairs qualifier in Germany 

• Thanks 1

On the one hand it's great that Leon is being recognised by the UK governing body by selecting him to represent the UK at the European Pairs Championship. However, to pick a rider who has an important league fixture in the UK and whose Championship average is less than 8pts does seem a bit bizarre. I'm surprised they didn't pick Bomber and Jack Smith as well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

No Italy are seeded direct to the final but Paco's average is higher than Leon's anyway.

Colour me surprised so he has. Where did paco get a 7 point average from lol. 

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Leon 7.17,Paco 7.64.rolling. Leon7.25,Paco 7.74.2024.

Yes I've seen the figures, my shock was that Paco had achieved it. Haven't seen much of Edinburgh this season right enough but fair play to him. Always pegged him as a 5/6 pointer 

17 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Yes I've seen the figures, my shock was that Paco had achieved it. Haven't seen much of Edinburgh this season right enough but fair play to him. Always pegged him as a 5/6 pointer 

IMO it shows the Leon has a long way to go to be a geniune Top man in Championship.

Castagna 6.92 Leon 6.87

Edited by Normski