British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh v Glasgow Championship Friday 9th August 7.30pm

5 minutes ago, MD said:

That was a very poor watch before the rain and now presents a problem to re-stage relatively soon.

That's what happens when you have "the summer break ""all those glorious Fridays past same as last season.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, King Jamie said:

Blobby been out dancing again. Silly boy.

Maybe over done it last week. 

Well tonight just proves you can never believe a weather forecast. 

Edited by Mr Blobby
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

That was a very poor watch before the rain and now presents a problem to re-stage relatively soon.

If I’m honest I was disgusted in the attitude of certain riders tonight, “some “looked like weren’t interested, me and my family paid good money to watch that and it was dreadful, it wasn’t racing, if modern bikes don’t work in those conditions then change them because the conditions will not change, those 7 heats were not acceptable with the exception of a couple of riders 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

If I’m honest I was disgusted in the attitude of certain riders tonight, “some “looked like weren’t interested, me and my family paid good money to watch that and it was dreadful, it wasn’t racing, if modern bikes don’t work in those conditions then change them because the conditions will not change, those 7 heats were not acceptable with the exception of a couple of riders 

You have been around long enough Dean to see that that riders just don’t want to ride if track conditions are not perfect.( they know the fixture will be re run.).Don’t leave the house if there is a cloud in the sky these days.You have valid point regarding machinery.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

:(

8 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You have been around long enough Dean to see that that riders just don’t want to ride if track conditions are not perfect.( they know the fixture will be re run.).Don’t leave the house if there is a cloud in the sky these days.

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing tonight, I felt cheated and to be honest I was glad it rained at heat 8 and got called off, there was no racing and a couple of ridiers were rolling round 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Couldn’t believe what I was seeing tonight, I felt cheated and to be honest I was glad it rained at heat 8 and got called off, there was no racing and a couple of ridiers were rolling round 

Admission prices are another issue regarding rain offs.Fans get ripped off.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Admission prices are another issue regarding rain offs.Fans get ripped off.

Not sure what they are, I know we have to contact the club for whatever it is when we get home from our Scottish holiday 

4 hours ago, Bandit59 said:

That's what happens when you have "the summer break ""all those glorious Fridays past same as last season.

Apart from rain offs the Monarchs have raced every Friday night bar one (when it was an academy fixture) since the 26th April so no long breaks in fixtures here 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gmuncie said:

Apart from rain offs the Monarchs have raced every Friday night bar one (when it was an academy fixture) since the 26th April so no long breaks in fixtures here 

Maybe not! But they should have had meetings at home rather than away at Glasgow, Redcar and Scunthorpe. Seniority should have meant that these meetings were held on their alternative days. That may have then allowed the NDL lads to get their meetings in.

Edited by edmon

3 hours ago, edmon said:

Maybe not! But they should have had meetings at home rather than away at Glasgow, Redcar and Scunthorpe. Seniority should have meant that these meetings were held on their alternative days. That may have then allowed the NDL lads to get their meetings in.

Seniority is an unnecessay and outdated concept and the NDL tail has to stop wagging the Championship dog.  NDL meetings should either be held when the Championship side is riding away or on your alternative race day - you do have one? 

Edited by Beirao
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Not sure what they are, I know we have to contact the club for whatever it is when we get home from our Scottish holiday 

If the refund is anything like the Oxford/Ipswich one it's £1 per race for races not held before heat 10, so you can expect all of £4!

8 hours ago, edmon said:

But Edinburgh didn't need to race at home on all these Fridays to fit the fixtures in.

They possibly could have been left blank in case of rain-offs / progress in the KOC or BSN? But would seem harsh to stop other teams racing on a Friday just so Edinburgh could have a spare date they may not have needed.

7 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

But Edinburgh didn't need to race at home on all these Fridays to fit the fixtures in.

They possibly could have been left blank in case of rain-offs / progress in the KOC or BSN? But would seem harsh to stop other teams racing on a Friday just so Edinburgh could have a spare date they may not have needed.

You must remember that Edinburgh are running in two leagues. At present they have moved NDL meetings for CL, and I'm sure it will happen again.

I don't think Glasgow folks would appreciate Edinburgh trying to give younger riders opportunities.