British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions vs Poole Pirates

Cracking meeting this, thoroughly enjoyed it. Decent crowd (I think) with many club’s supporters other than those competing in attendance. Met five Panthers fans! The meat pie was excellent. Only gripe from me, cash only for refreshments. Only gripe from my Grandson, no track souvenir shop.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Well done Scunny. To go down by only 6 while carrying 3 riders is a pretty impressive! Fingers crossed Sam and Tobias can get themselves sorted and fast!

Hagon is a 2 pointer so what are you expecting from him 

• Like 1

Awesome meeting tonight, two top sides going hammer and tong, whats not to like?! Massive shout out to the Poole fans on turn 1 (NID Corner I believe they call themselves) -  made plenty of noise and atmosphere and it was a pleasure to be around them - an absolute credit to the club

• Like 6

Fair play and well done to Scunthorpe on the win and ending our unbeaten run in the league.

Pirates the better team on aggregate which is where it counts come the play offs.

Edited by lbw
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, eric i said:

Didn't see much wrong with Hagon, he came in on 2 point average. He is now in the your top 5 partnering with Lawson (top of the league averages) for 3 of his rides. He scored 3 points away from home hardly carrying him. 

I agree he came in on mid 2 point average! Do you think his scores have dropped alarmingly since Glasgow away? So fingers crossed he finds that form back again! 

9 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

Cracking meeting this, thoroughly enjoyed it. Decent crowd (I think) with many club’s supporters other than those competing in attendance. Met five Panthers fans! The meat pie was excellent. Only gripe from me, cash only for refreshments. Only gripe from my Grandson, no track souvenir shop.

Cash is king , chief , good on em

10 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

Who nowdays has much cash on them? I haven’t been to a cash machine in about 4 years. Have some loose change but today nearly everything is phone or card. Even buy the coffee at John Davis shack on the first bend at Poole with my phone.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who nowdays has much cash on them? I haven’t been to a cash machine in about 4 years. Have some loose change but today nearly everything is phone or card. Even buy the coffee at John Davis shack on the first bend at Poole with my phone.

Just as well it wasn't on a Friday when the outage happened!!!

Personally I think everyone should have the choice. (ps. I'm sure some riders prefer payment in cash - whether its wages or sponsorship!!!):t:

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It’s fortunate I had £10 in my wallet that’s been in it for about three years. 

Edited by Mick Bratley

7 hours ago, lbw said:

Fair play and well done to Scunthorpe on the win and ending our unbeaten run in the league.

Pirates the better team on aggregate which is where it counts come the play offs.

Hope your flat white tasted better than defeat last night