British Speedway Forum

Workington Comets V Berwick Bandits 11/08/24 3pm

On 8/9/2024 at 6:33 PM, 4BM said:

Hearing possibly the same, what was spouted by Dickson at a Leicester last night is completely different, I was told 28 day ban in place, so who knows 

He won’t get a ban, they’ve been in and out of hospital for the last week to try get things moving so to speak, whole thing has been a bit of a nightmare on the hospitals front for them, not really much he can do about it. 

29 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Good win for the comets a good days racing. Etheridge is shocking, can see why bandits fans aren’t keen!

On updates it says he pulled up on centre green,then gave up when at the back in another ride,think Mr Campbell was right.

1 minute ago, Bandit59 said:

On updates it says he pulled up on centre green,then gave up when at the back in another ride,think Mr Campbell was right.

Yeah he did, shocking attitude. Yet everyone gave batch both barrels least he’s backing it up in track

• Like 1

Thanks to the Bandits fans and neutrals who made the journey, always good to see other speedway fans at meetings. Some good close racing once again and it was good to see Lewi Kerr finally come to the party for the Bandits with 3 good heat wins in the second half of the meeting. Drew Kemp once again showed up well in support. Rider replacement never really worked for the Bandits with only 4 points from Rory's scheduled rides in consecutive meetings. Jye Etheridge was again disappointing while Danyon Hume and guest Connor Coles tried hard throughout. 

Thanks again to the guests Eric Riss and Simon Lambert for their determined efforts over the two meetings , you never quite know how guests are going to perform but these two never stopped trying over both meetings. Eric's pass in heat 15 to go from 4th to 2nd was top drawer. A solid 6 points from Paul Stark were once again valuable and it was great to see Antti back on the bike after his fall on Saturday and putting in another strong home performance. Batch was once again solid and it was good to see him back winning races at the GT Tyres Arena after surprisingly failing to do so against both Poole and Redcar in our two previous home meetings. Hopefully Sam will take confidence from his heat 2 win it's been a while.

Hope Claus is okay following his nasty looking crash in heat 6. UTC !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scaramanga said:

Couldn't understand why they switched jye to no5 

R/ would have been better at 2,3 or 4 

Often does it for away matches, especially after Schlein got injured.

I guess Dickson feels as he doesn't have a strong second heat leader, uses a weaker rider in heat 13, to be stronger elsewhere.

For me it's a sensible tactic employed by a weak team to avoid a drubbing, not a strong team looking for a win.

13 minutes ago, Ajr said:

Any news on Vissing? looked as if he caught his hand in the fence 

Believe he did catch a finger or fingers in the mesh but haven't heard anything regarding his condition.

1 hour ago, Ajr said:

Any news on Vissing? looked as if he caught his hand in the fence 

Broken right hand and dislocated left shoulder unfortunately. Comets just updated on Social media.

2 guests now required for the next few meetings at least

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

Broken right hand and dislocated left shoulder unfortunately. Comets just updated on Social media.

2 guests now required for the next few meetings at least

2 guests, potentially 3 depending on cookies situation. I would take riss back at no.1 in a heart beat. I havent a clue for the other two. 

5 minutes ago, Woke23 said:

2 guests, potentially 3 depending on cookies situation. I would take riss back at no.1 in a heart beat. I havent a clue for the other two. 

After having a think, there's quite a decent list. For me, paco for tate and drew kemp or Jenkins for vissing.