British Speedway Forum

Sheffield v Ipswich 8th August

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Jack certainly showed concern after the crash and went straight over to Emil.

https://x.com/steveshovlar/status/1821640253033345229?s=61

I think jack the hot head was going over to Emil to give him some words, they way he was shaking his head and gesturing, Chris pushed jack away and told him to head back to pits 

3 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I think jack the hot head was going over to Emil to give him some words, they way he was shaking his head and gesturing, Chris pushed jack away and told him to head back to pits 

Nasty piece of work is Jack Holder 

• Like 8

Best Wishes to Emil hope the injury is not to serious.

Not the way you want to win a meeting, and Ipswich were definitely the better team, we were and have been far to inconsistent all season.

I don't see us getting any further than the Play Off Semi's this season, and if Emil is missing then I don't see Ipswich either with no Emil and Doyley.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

You have to question whether some of the tracks are suitable for today’s bikes or should the sport in the UK take a look at what is safe and suitable in terms of machinery for the available tracks. It is clearly not one size fits all and bikes that ride well on the big tracks in Poland are probably not suitable for the technical UK tracks which then begs the question, is it time that the machinery was standardised so that it is rider skill and not power of a bike that makes a good rider.

It’s poor track prep and grading rather than the size. You’re going from the base to a solid wall of dirt. It’s dangerous and is what caused Emil to get ejected from his bike like that. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dornier said:

Whats he done ?

Maybe you should read all the posts not just react to some !  "I think jack the hot head was going over to Emil to give him some words, they way he was shaking his head and gesturing, Chris pushed jack away and told him to head back to pits"

• Like 1

The Owlerton track prep should not allow the shale to build up so deep on the widest line.  I've always thought it was a nasty accident waiting to happen on such a fast and relatively narrow circuit.  We all know that the modern rocket ship bikes respond very rapidly to changes in surface - no matter how skilful these riders are, it can't always be "exciting".

15 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Get well soon Emil. Horrific crash and Adam Ellis did very well to miss bomber. 

Absolutely agree it looked like he missed Bomber legs by millimetres.

Like I said in previous posts not the way you want to win a meeting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Emil should have shut off.

at that speed the bike will just straighten up, better to keep the throttle open and try to ride it out

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, spin king said:

Absolutely agree it looked like he missed Bomber legs by millimetres.

Like I said in previous posts not the way you want to win a meeting. 

I’d rather lose by 40 at Sheffield than have a rider injured.  
I don’t blame the track at all. Everyone knows the dirt builds up by the fence and Emil choose to ride there as he was determined to get a win for Ipswich. 
let’s hope he recovers quickly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Whether people think Jack is a spoilt brat etc thats irrelevant imo.First thoughts should be with Emil and hoping he isn't too badly hurt.Fingers crossed for both riders that their injuries are just minor.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Whether people think Jack is a spoilt brat etc thats irrelevant imo.First thoughts should be with Emil and hoping he isn't too badly hurt.Fingers crossed for both riders that their injuries are just minor.

Here Here totally agree

• Like 1

Great meeting which ended with the awful crash right where we were standing.

Some Sheffield fans don’t change, shouting abuse at Emil, yes it was a minority but why anyone would think about doing that while lying on the track.

Get well soon Emil!!

Ipswich deserved to win but King was poor which cost them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Great meeting which ended with the awful crash right where we were standing.

Some Sheffield fans don’t change, shouting abuse at Emil, yes it was a minority but why anyone would think about doing that while lying on the track.

Get well soon Emil!!

Ipswich deserved to win but King was poor which cost them.

Don’t dare slag off the Sheffield fans … I saw first hand my friends 8 year old daughter subjected to vile abuse last seasons 

Not blaming Holder one bit for the crash …. But his reaction earlier in the meeting was childish and then to try and have a word with Emil after the crash is awful behaviour 

Praying that our season isn’t over 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Both Holders are whingers 

The Irony of this coming from you.. 

How about wishing Emil the speediest of recoveries, terrible crash, hope you well soon. 

Infatuation with the Holders, and Tai for that matter, Sheffield as a whole :t: stfu!! 

• Like 2