British Speedway Forum

Oxford v Plymouth - 7th August

The Gladiators head to Oxford on Wednesday night for the first of three vital away fixtures before the end of the season.

Team News will be interesting as Garry looks to try and secure a strong guest booking in place of Covatti.

Good number of Plymouth fans making the trip for this one with a bus coming from the track. We will make sure we get right behind Garry and the team 

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Jason Edwards guesting according to Oxford preview. 

Some people might scoff at Jason as the guest but I’m a big fan of his. Always gives you 100% and he’s a good guy too. Look forward to getting behind him and the team tomorrow 

• Like 1

Very close result earlier in the season 46-44 should have been 45-45. Oxford team needed tac sub to win despite Masters and Nicholls only dropping 1 point in 11 rides. 

Plymouth had Zach Cook at 1 who scored 4+1 and Newman scored 2. So Edwards and Baek don’t have to score too much if the others can repeat their scores. Bowtell and the Thompsons usually score well at Sandy Lane and Hook has guested several times for the Cheetahs. The positive for Oxford is Heeps and Jenkins seem in better form now.

• Like 1

I like Jason Edwards thoroughly nice bloke but I very much doubt masters and Nicholls will be bricking it cmon Plymouth you can surely do better than that I take it the white flags been waved on the slim chance of the playoffs now I have not scoured who would be available but surely someone wants the money it’s a long off season after all.

Due to the outage this thread hasn’t been overly active but just a little thought from Wednesday. What a great night. Some brilliant racing and some great individual performances, most notably Scott Nicholls and Dan Thompson.

As one of the 20 or so travelling party at Sandy Lane on Wednesday just a huge thank you to Oxford for their kind welcome and messages of thanks via the PA system throughout the night. We had great fun and always look forward to our trips there. Sure we made a lot of noise but it’s all in good faith and we tried our best to really get behind Garry and the team and hopefully you all enjoyed the joviality of it all. 

We’re made to feel welcome at so many tracks and it’s always the case at Oxford. Best of luck in the playoffs. I fancy us to maybe nick this aggregate point however with only a 12pt deficit to overturn but that should be a great meeting to end the campaign for Plymouth (unless something drastic happens in the coming weeks!) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Due to the outage this thread hasn’t been overly active but just a little thought from Wednesday. What a great night. Some brilliant racing and some great individual performances, most notably Scott Nicholls and Dan Thompson.

As one of the 20 or so travelling party at Sandy Lane on Wednesday just a huge thank you to Oxford for their kind welcome and messages of thanks via the PA system throughout the night. We had great fun and always look forward to our trips there. Sure we made a lot of noise but it’s all in good faith and we tried our best to really get behind Garry and the team and hopefully you all enjoyed the joviality of it all. 

We’re made to feel welcome at so many tracks and it’s always the case at Oxford. Best of luck in the playoffs. I fancy us to maybe nick this aggregate point however with only a 12pt deficit to overturn but that should be a great meeting to end the campaign for Plymouth (unless something drastic happens in the coming weeks!) 

It's always great to see the Plymouth supporters at Sandy Lane, waving the huge flags. Got to say I don't think there's such passionate supporters from any other visiting team, always creates a great atmosphere.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bojangles said:

It's always great to see the Plymouth supporters at Sandy Lane, waving the huge flags. Got to say I don't think there's such passionate supporters from any other visiting team, always creates a great atmosphere.

We'll be inundated with posts by Poo fans now, especially one saying they're the only ones who travel and create an atmosphere.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

We'll be inundated with posts by Poo fans now, especially one saying they're the only ones who travel and create an atmosphere.

Haha, good point. There's probably more of them turn up, but they're certainly not as noisy or passionate as Plymouth fans.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

Last year Poole lost 52-38 at Oxford and I watched some of their fans leave after the 5-1 in heat 12. 
Last year Plymouth lost 59-31 at Oxford and I watched their fans singing and chanting until the end.

No comparison.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Last year Poole lost 52-38 at Oxford and I watched some of their fans leave after the 5-1 in heat 12. 
Last year Plymouth lost 59-31 at Oxford and I watched their fans singing and chanting until the end.

No comparison.

It’s was the Alcohol no doubt.

• Haha 1