British Speedway Forum

Redcar Bears v Workington Comets 2nd August 2024

13 hours ago, iainb said:

Isn't this just another example of British Speedway working in its own little world with the paying punters being shafted again because of it. 

I think the reason they used Ace for Vissing is because if they had a facility for him then he would be deemed to be withholding his services and get a 28 day ban, so they used Ace to avoid that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, redlead said:

I think the reason they used Ace for Vissing is because if they had a facility for him then he would be deemed to be withholding his services and get a 28 day ban, so they used Ace to avoid that.

This.

22 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

That's not true, they could use a Championship guest up to 75% of Vissing's average. There is no rule where you have to use a NDL rider.

Workington must have decided Pijper was the best option available?

Reading yesterdays match programme from Workington you are indeed correct 

On 8/3/2024 at 7:29 PM, szkocjasid said:

That's not true, they could use a Championship guest up to 75% of Vissing's average. There is no rule where you have to use a NDL rider.

The rider was missing for a wedding, no facility available for that, and therefore could only use a NDL rider, try getting a copy of the rule book.

Phone calls were made and arguments had at the last minute to get a facility to cover Cooks absence.

On 8/3/2024 at 7:29 PM, szkocjasid said:

4 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

The rider was missing for a wedding, no facility available for that, and therefore could only use a NDL rider, try getting a copy of the rule book.

I could say the same thing to you, I've seen people post the rules. When a club has "no facility" available - the option is to use a guest up to 75% of the missing riders average, there was no ruling that said you have to use a NDL rider.

Look at King's Lynn, Musielak has left the club, they have "no facility" to replace him, so they are using "75% guests".

If you have a copy of some different rules, please show me.

Edit - here's the ruling. It does not say a club has to use a NDL rider if they have "no facility".

* A NDL rider would only need to be used if missing rider has an average below 2.65.

Screenshot_2024-08-05-00-22-58-392~2.jpg

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I could say the same thing to you, I've seen people post the rules. When a club has "no facility" available - the option is to use a guest up to 75% of the missing riders average, there was no ruling that said you have to use a NDL rider.

Look at King's Lynn, Musielak has left the club, they have "no facility" to replace him, so they are using "75% guests".

If you have a copy of some different rules, please show me.

Edit - here's the ruling. It does not say a club has to use a NDL rider if they have "no facility".

* A NDL rider would only need to be used if missing rider has an average below 2.65.

Screenshot_2024-08-05-00-22-58-392~2.jpg

Well done for getting a rule book but you now need to interpret it correctly ….a trick only very few team managers and refs have managed.

The SCB said no facility , the ref said no facility ….so it was NO FACILITY.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Well done for getting a rule book but you now need to interpret it correctly ….a trick only very few team managers and refs have managed.

So show me where in the rulebook there is an alternative definition of 'no facility'

Failing that I think one must conclude that @szkocjasid is correct.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Can you not read the same rule book that you told everyone to get a copy of? No facility is 75% of average as a guest, has been for 2 seasons.

• Like 1

“No facility” simply means you are not granted what would be considered a like-for-like replacement. With the 75% rule, it probably needs a better name, but the sport has bigger problems tbh.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1

If cook an vissing had been riding in both meetings workington would of won both meetings its as simple as that.

Redcar got away with a win an a bonus, but I suppose sometimes you need a bit of luck. 

On another note imagine where workington would of been if they had made a change at reserve earlier, I think we will miss out on the playoffs an I hope lessons are learnt by the promotion 

Edited by Midget
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Noelinho said:

“No facility” simply means you are not granted what would be considered a like-for-like replacement. With the 75% rule, it probably needs a better name, but the sport has bigger problems tbh.

Quite right.

I can’t understand squabbles about rules as they are written in pencil, change daily depending on who's asking what and all then dependant on who shouts the loudest.

Its become a weekly joke in the pits when the team managers can’t agree, then the ref refers it to a higher level who makes a decision but then changes it for the next club that asks.

Berwick on Saturday was a fine example then at Leicester a rider got excluded with the ref telling the ‘offender’ that he asked those around him in the refs box and they agreed he made the other rider ride into him !

Get a grip folks, this is modern day speedway, don't take it seriously.

• Like 1