British Speedway Forum

Berwick v Oxford 03/08/24 Championship

7 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Still struggling to understand the decision in heat 12

Which decision?

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Still struggling to understand the decision in heat 12

LK went back to the pits which isn't allowed. They were saying on the commentary that he moved before Scott Nicholls and Lasse Fredriksson. I couldn't see LK move, though the tapes pulled his front mudguard off. Stewart Dickson pointed out to the referee that he had returned to the pits. 

My questions for the rule book studiers is, how do you repair the bike on the track when all the tools and spares are in the pits ?

Is it the rider or the bike not allowed to return to the pits ?

Anyway it was a decent meeting and the Berwick fans got a last heat decider and a Superheat, they must have thought they were riding at Oxford.

I think we missed our chance by not replacing Cameron Heeps with Scott Nicholls in heat 11, though CH was riding well, we needed to strike while the iron was hot.

That Super Heat was something special 

Fair play to Kemp  Kerr and Nicholls for giving us a humdinger for the second and third places 

Masters way in front but the Berwick pair were passed by Scotty at times who threw everything at them but credit the two K's for Bandits 

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

That Super Heat was something special 

Fair play to Kemp  Kerr and Nicholls for giving us a humdinger for the second and third places 

Masters way in front but the Berwick pair were passed by Scotty at times who threw everything at them but credit the two K's for Bandits 

Super Heat was great,but apart from Masters passing Etheridge off the 3rd /4th bend in Ht 13 most races were decided down the back straight 1 st lap close score kept the excitement in the meeting though.Drew the only consistent Bandits have.

• Like 3

Didn't expect that result, what an effort from the Bandits some good racing, but not many passes after second bend,Kerr and Kemp superb in the superheat what shouldn't be forgotten was LF shutting the door on Killeen on the second bend in heat 14 shame the season is about finished.

1 hour ago, Shadders said:

Which decision?

Firstly what reg was Killeen excluded under? The reporting seems to imply it was 12.1.6. If so it does not apply in this case as Lasse Fredriksen was excluded.

If he was indeed excluded under 12.1.6 then this is a stating offence (see 12.1.7) and as such a replacement (or 15 m h'cap) is available under 12.1.8

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

LK went back to the pits which isn't allowed. They were saying on the commentary that he moved before Scott Nicholls and Lasse Fredriksson. I couldn't see LK move, though the tapes pulled his front mudguard off. Stewart Dickson pointed out to the referee that he had returned to the pits. 

My questions for the rule book studiers is, how do you repair the bike on the track when all the tools and spares are in the pits ?

Is it the rider or the bike not allowed to return to the pits ?

Anyway it was a decent meeting and the Berwick fans got a last heat decider and a Superheat, they must have thought they were riding at Oxford.

I think we missed our chance by not replacing Cameron Heeps with Scott Nicholls in heat 11, though CH was riding well, we needed to strike while the iron was hot.

Read 12.1.6 to 12.1.8. 

12.1.6 makes it clear the exclusion was wrong [it was not an unsatisfactory start without exclusion- Lasse got excluded]

12.1.7 makes it clear that an exclusion under 12.1.6 is a starting offence 

12.1.8 allows replacement/15m h'cap for all offences defined under 12.1.7

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Read 12.1.6 to 12.1.8. 

12.1.6 makes it clear the exclusion was wrong [it was not an unsatisfactory start without exclusion- Lasse got excluded]

12.1.7 makes it clear that an exclusion under 12.1.6 is a starting offence 

12.1.8 allows replacement/15m h'cap for all offences defined under 12.1.7

Thanks

So in tonights incident the referee got it wrong, as did the Berwick manager, will we be getting an SCB statement ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Saw a similar comment on FB, but completely disagree. Heeps was bound to beat Hodder in heat 11, so Nicholls would only have gained you one place in heat 11.

If he wins heat 12, that would be 2 places gained, likely Boughen would finish behind Etheridge & Fredriksen -  obviously Oxford didn't know Hodder would be coming back into that heat.

With hindsight as Kerr beat Masters, he could've beaten Nicholls too, that would've meant Nicholls came in as a tac sub only to beat Hodder, but obviously they'd have been expecting a 5-1 as Kerr hadn't been great till then.

Edited by szkocjasid

I wonder what Peter Schroeck thought when Kemp beat Killeen in heat 14, the same rider he didn't think was good enough for the Spires?

Also dropped Killeen from heat 9, but using Schroeck logic (Killeen is better than Kemp) would he not have expected a 5-1 from Nicholls & Killeen over Kemp & Etheridge?

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Saw a similar comment on FB, but completely disagree. Heeps was bound to beat Hodder in heat 11, so Nicholls would only have gained you one place in heat 11.

If he wins heat 12, that would be 2 places gained, likely Boughen would finish behind Etheridge & Fredriksen -  obviously Oxford didn't know Hodder would be coming back into that heat.

With hindsight as Kerr beat Masters, he could've beaten Nicholls too, that would've meant Nicholls came in as a tac sub only to beat Hodder, but obviously they'd have been expecting a 5-1 as Kerr hadn't been great till then.

You make it sound like an episode of Soap

Apologies if i'm showing my age

24 minutes ago, Triple.H. said:

You make it sound like an episode of Soap

Apologies if i'm showing my age

I'm not very good at condensing thoughts down, want to explain all angles, so I'm not just saying "your wrong" without giving my point of view

Edited by szkocjasid

10 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm not very good at condensing thoughts down, want to explain all angles, so I'm not just saying "your wrong" without giving my point of view

Not having a dig at you, sorry if you thought i was. Soap was a 70s American TV series which was a mickey take on soap operas, the tagline was "Confused ? you will be" so very similar to the rulebook

1 hour ago, Triple.H. said:

Thanks

So in tonights incident the referee got it wrong, as did the Berwick manager, will we be getting an SCB statement ?

So, was the referee wrong in excluding Killeen, or to not allow him or a replacement in the rerun?

8 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Thanks

Not to mention the Oxford TM who seems to have let this pass unnoticed.