British Speedway Forum

Latvian GP Riga Saturday 7th September

25 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Where’s Bewley’s accent from? Is he born-and-bred in the UK? It’s a strange accent. Almost like he’s bilingual.

Classy interview nonetheless, crediting Lindgren and Zmarzlik.

25 minutes ago, TheWellBehavedWorrall said:

Where’s Bewley’s accent from? Is he born-and-bred in the UK? It’s a strange accent. Almost like he’s bilingual.

Classy interview nonetheless, crediting Lindgren and Zmarzlik.

born & bred cumbrian 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

I think it’s more a case of poor choice of gate, yet again he makes the wrong choice in the final.

He didn't get to the final?

In any case I disagree, I think far too much is made of gate choices. Whichever one you are on you have to make a good start and good choices around the first two bends. Lindgren and Zmarzlik are just better at that as they proved tonight. 

Lambert will get there with more experience, he  just needs to be more composed in the crunch races. I've no doubt he has a World Title in him though, he has enough talent and speed. 

• Like 1

What an extraordinary GP! Some big big crashes, what the hell was Holder doing in 18?!? What the hell was Lambert doing in 18?!? Why the hell was Madsen walking off in tears at the end of the GP?!? He seems quite highly strung. 

At least Dan has got the 100% final winning record monkey off his back 

Bizarre gate choice from Lambert again in the semi, both Tatum and Louis saying gate 1 and Lambert gives it up again. Maybe somebody else that could do with an ex rider in his pit bay? I know Crumpy used to be there but it seems not any more. Why Allen and Stead are never at the GP's I don't understand (I know it's because of money) but you always see the Danish manager there and also some of the others floating about. 

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

It appears that poor old Michelsen hasn’t even scored 1 point for 16th. They have given it to reserve Gusts despite not scoring.

But he got more zeros 🫢. But how did they separate Gusts and Anvesulius - shoe size?

1 hour ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Zmarzlik's titles are similar to Lance Armstrong's Tour De France victories.

There is a massive asterisk next to them.

No Laguta or Emil = Fake World Title

There is no asterisk against Armstrong's name on the TdF role of honour, because he was stripped of his titles - which means he does not appear on the list.

2 hours ago, SaddlebowRoad said:

He didn't get to the final?

In any case I disagree, I think far too much is made of gate choices. Whichever one you are on you have to make a good start and good choices around the first two bends. Lindgren and Zmarzlik are just better at that as they proved tonight. 

Lambert will get there with more experience, he  just needs to be more composed in the crunch races. I've no doubt he has a World Title in him though, he has enough talent and speed. 

I agree regarding gate choices,take tonight Bartosz never even got a pick in Semi or Final and won the meeting.

• Like 2