British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe v Plymouth Double Header (2nd/3rd)

1 hour ago, Tosh1218 said:

Whose guesting for Plymouth please ?

Not heard anything yet for either leg. In the announcement of Baek's signing last night, Mark Phillips did say Garry was still trying to source two guests (Fri and Sat)

9 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Plymouth team for Friday: 

1) Rider Replacement 2) Alfie Bowtell 3) Dan Thompson 4) Patrick Baek 5) Ben Barker 6) Joe Thompson 7) Jacob Hook

That'll have them packing the terraces

On 8/1/2024 at 7:31 AM, Skidder1 said:

That'll have them packing the terraces

I’m not sure what your expectations were of the side Garry May could’ve put together? As someone has eloquently explained on the Gladiators Facebook page when someone questioned the choice to go RR at No.1 -

Out of the 14 riders available to Garry and Mark, 6 are reserves, 5 are second strong with only Kemp, Cook and Heeps as second string. 

Realistically the only two who could score as well as rider replacement is probably Zack Cook and Drew Kemp. However stepping up from being in the middle order for their teams to being the team’s leader at No.1, against a side who’ve been excellent all season is a really tough ask.

Simply put there’s a lack of riders. There’s also a financial decision to bring into the mix. Plymouth’s chances of the playoffs are about as small as they come. They’d need to win AT LEAST 5 of their last 8 and claim a bonus point win or two in there as well, why waste money on guests when you can give your other riders track time as we try and shape the team for 2025?

1 hour ago, jbell1995 said:

I’m not sure what your expectations were of the side Garry May could’ve put together? As someone has eloquently explained on the Gladiators Facebook page when someone questioned the choice to go RR at No.1 -

Out of the 14 riders available to Garry and Mark, 6 are reserves, 5 are second strong with only Kemp, Cook and Heeps as second string. 

Realistically the only two who could score as well as rider replacement is probably Zack Cook and Drew Kemp. However stepping up from being in the middle order for their teams to being the team’s leader at No.1, against a side who’ve been excellent all season is a really tough ask.

Simply put there’s a lack of riders. There’s also a financial decision to bring into the mix. Plymouth’s chances of the playoffs are about as small as they come. They’d need to win AT LEAST 5 of their last 8 and claim a bonus point win or two in there as well, why waste money on guests when you can give your other riders track time as we try and shape the team for 2025?

Both Zack Cook or kemp would score more than R/R. Its financial decision. I hope Plymouth get their act together in 2025, because both their track and team have been shambolic at times.

3 hours ago, jbell1995 said:

Surely if decisions were 'financial' they wouldn't have replaced Dorset-based Kyle Newman with Dane Patrik Baek who would need to be flown in each week etc. Could have kept Kyle and put Barker at 1.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Surely if decisions were 'financial' they wouldn't have replaced Dorset-based Kyle Newman with Dane Patrik Baek who would need to be flown in each week etc. Could have kept Kyle and put Barker at 1.

maybe thats why it's now a financial decision

16 points out of 28 from reserve well done Joe and Jacob utter utter garbage from barker and Bowtell that’s going to help the crowd tomorrow and Howarth gets a 15 point maximum brilliant.two reserves in heat 15 they deserve it because the rest are crap to a lesser extent Dan t but so angry I feel for Scunthorpe fans paying to watch that .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lewy said:

Did you watch any of the racing Mike0310?

Maybe he’s annoyed at the team you sent to Scunthorpe rather than the racing, I think most fans could’ve seen that score line coming a mile off with the two sides.

22 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

16 points out of 28 from reserve well done Joe and Jacob utter utter garbage from barker and Bowtell that’s going to help the crowd tomorrow and Howarth gets a 15 point maximum brilliant.two reserves in heat 15 they deserve it because the rest are crap to a lesser extent Dan t but so angry I feel for Scunthorpe fans paying to watch that .

To be fair the racing was far better than the score line might suggest 

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

To be fair the racing was far better than the score line might suggest 

I agree…I took a mate for the first time and he loved it and he loved the close racing too.