British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers 31/7/24

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Won’t get journeymen at Poole. Personally would have kept Rowe. Could see the potential and he is showing it now. Going to be a good rider. Kemp cooked his goose with a tantrum at the playoff final at Kings Lynn against Leicester. Pi55ed off Danny Ford and that was that. Kemp is certainly showing his improvement and always has a point to prove at Poole. Would have been a far better guest than Barker.  Just needs consistency.

Kyle Newman and Adam Roynon...cough cough

• Haha 2

There is nowhere near the same amount of passing there was at the start of the season. Not sure it is that there’s not enough clay in the shale, or the home riders are now too good for the opposition, or a combination of the two. What riders can come to Poole and see off Lawson, Cook and Brennan? Backed up by Zack and decent reserves? If our boys make the gate it is almost impossible to pass them. Same with any track who have a powerful heat leader trio. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

If you don't like it don't watch it 

I've not complained,or sa gave an opinion one way or the other  just stated facts based on what I saw,read the posts slowly and then read again you may understand them then

WINborne Road says it all with Rocketman leading the way with a full house as we showed them Tigers how to get 3 points in the bag!

Rider of the Night for me was Vinnie, sorry Richard, because he's showing more and more ability this time with 2 race wins! Good lad is our Vinnie, I will be at Leicester on Sunday to get behind him and Sam in the NDL series.

Hope Sam can sort his form out soon as it can't be easy for him at the moment.

Heat 15.......Bomber, where's Ben? :D

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

We had the first leg of the ko cup. Next Weds is league!

Incidentally Tom Brennan took a few after meeting Laps on Hagon's machine and looked as fast as in the meeting itself. Sam is still a bit bruised from his crash a couple of weeks ago but needs to get his set ups correct ( hey Mr Dugard)

Loved Ben Cook's pass from last to 2nd in heat 15. Boom.

That's what I was thinking, has been struggling since then. 

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I agree and disagree, Poole had abblitt for the full season without dropping him even though he didn’t score many points, then they left him out the following year didn’t make sense. Rowe and Kemp had good seasons with Poole they increase there average and then not needed the next season. No disrespect to anybody but you’ve got the likes of frederiksen hardly improved since he’s been at Edinburgh, heeps been on the way down for the last few seasons but keep on getting picked that’s the clubs fault for signing these journeymen imo.

Heeps is having a great season and scoring really well.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is nowhere near the same amount of passing there was at the start of the season. Not sure it is that there’s not enough clay in the shale, or the home riders are now too good for the opposition, or a combination of the two. What riders can come to Poole and see off Lawson, Cook and Brennan? Backed up by Zack and decent reserves? If our boys make the gate it is almost impossible to pass them. Same with any track who have a powerful heat leader trio. 

Lawson, Brennan and Ben Cook are arguably the fastest gaters in the Championship and also very quick when in front so passing them is difficult. Justin Sedgeman did manage to beat them all at Wimborne Rd when Edinburgh visited last but he needed his top gating boots on to do it.

The thing is the Poole heat leaders are very consistent (Rich Lawson has been for years), very professional with very good equipment. They also seem to ride well everywhere they go. Tom Brennan has progressed and been a top signing, probably rider of the season to date.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Lawson, Brennan and Ben Cook are arguably the fastest gaters in the Championship and also very quick when in front so passing them is difficult. Justin Sedgeman did manage to beat them all at Wimbourne Rd when Edinburgh visited last but he needed his top gating boots on to do it.

The thing is the Poole heat leaders are very consistent (Rich Lawson has been for years), very professional with very good equipment. They also seem to ride well everywhere they go. Tom Brennan has progressed and been a top signing, probably rider of the season to date.

Yes surprising signing and very astute to get Tobias Thomsen in, personally I thought Thomsen would struggle but very happy to be proved wrong.  Very surprised Brennan became available and has improved to be a top rider in this league.

"I want to thank you guys tonight for such a good turnout and what you did there with your wonderful support was great!" 

" I don't think these lads know the rules anymore. I try and let them through but hey that's how it was."

Richard Lawson last night. Maybe they don't want to increase their average too much either Richard lol.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

"I want to thank you guys tonight for such a good turnout and what you did there with your wonderful support was great!" 

" I don't think these lads know the rules anymore. I try and let them through but hey that's how it was."

Richard Lawson last night. Maybe they don't want to increase their average too much either Richard lol.

I think Lawson would be welcome back whatever his average is. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Lawson would be welcome back whatever his average is. 

Yes, probably. Be tough if you have to choose 2 of the 3 HLs though. A lot of Poole fans want Tom to be first name on 2025 team sheet. 

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Richard ranking up his performance before his testimonial.  Sponsors and fans will be queing up on Sept 1st!:t:

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Yes, probably. Be tough if you have to choose 2 of the 3 HLs though. A lot of Poole fans want Tom to be first name on 2025 team sheet. 

Tom has done magnificently but I am just a little bit concerned that he may have a bit of burn out come the business end of the season. Hope not but its happened before.