British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers 31/7/24

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Be very unlucky if there’s a thunderstorm later. Forecast shows hot and sunny on the south coast riviera. Beaches packed, bars and restaurants busy, flat whites sold out, what a wonderful place to live.

And trouncing Glasgow this evening at the Mecca of British speedway. What’s not to like? B)

Seriously, let’s hope for a close, exciting meeting that exceeds expectations. 

Shovlar wants us to think he's been on a tour of Poole this morning, even checking out the stock status' at the cafes. What a plank!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HGould said:

I don't think it's by any means certain that the dogs will continue throughout 2025.

The license for the dogs is moving to the horse racing track at Dunstall Park Wolverhampton from PB

Crazy to think that Wolverhampton will have Entain (Ladbroke dogs) at Monmore and ARC Arena Racing Dogs at Dunstall Park. 

No way Speedway could afford the rent on a single use stadium. 

Fingers crossed but it's literally 50/50.

PS terrible storms due on South Coast tomorrow evening according to ITN Weather

15 hours ago, HGould said:

It was on BBC 

On ITN it was to the west of IOW, right across South Coast eastwards

Thunderstorm warning been removed from met office for today, just for Thursday now. 

13 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I think Karlito may have to play a bit of AC/DC!!:rofl::party:

Anything better than Sweet Caroline! :D

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Anything better than Sweet Caroline! :D

Except perhaps the Disturbed Cyril remix of 'The Sounds of Silence' which they play EVERY week at Oxford.

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Except perhaps the Disturbed Cyril remix of 'The Sounds of Silence' which they play EVERY week at Oxford.

I'm sure 'BackInTheDHSS' will still go along this evening - even if there is no meeting on Cheetahs usual race day!:rofl:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lbw said:

Never too hot for a Pirate coz we are luvvin the flat white. I'm enjoying me pre meeting one right now before I set sail to WINborne Road :t:

Where is our mate to these days, has he picked up a ban again 

20 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in having Sweet Caroline with all the mobile phone torchlights on. Its still light!!!:o

It isn't still light at that time! Unless we have the quickest ref as sunset is before 9pm now. 

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Not a Lawson fan then ,being a superb gater does not have to pass very often,definitely a  top man in the League.Worky lad too,that must irk.

Sorry but lawson is not a workington lad 

Hes from maryport 

Big difference if you are from any of the 2 towns 

The most boring gate and go track there is hence why Lawson does well 

Ben Cook far better rider than Ivacic and Flint and couldn’t do a thing to get past as the track is so boring follow the leader 

Just got to gate and race over … hope no Glasgow fans went to watch its poor to see a track prepared this badly in the uk 

1 minute ago, lewy said:

9 hts no passing,even bomber couldn't pass

Don’t upset the Poole fans allegedly Glasgow fans are moaners when we mention there track 

Which to be fair is absolute Sh|te but don’t mention that.

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Don’t upset the Poole fans allegedly Glasgow fans are moaners when we mention there track 

Which to be fair is absolute Sh|te but don’t mention that.

Ht10 1st pass,I'm only stating facts so they can't really complain about the truth. 

4 minutes ago, lewy said:

Ht10 1st pass,I'm only stating facts so they can't really complain about the truth. 

Oh they will it will be the best meeting ever

Poole fans only care about winning they don’t care if it’s all from the gate and racers can’t make a pass like Cook and Harris have shown tonight that when you’re behind you stay behind … Poole are dialled in to the track and the set up .. makes the gate can’t be caught … yawn