British Speedway Forum

Poole Pirates Vs Glasgow Tigers 31/7/24

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Stop bleating on about it. You lost. How about you accept you were beaten by the better team, take it like a man and move on? The rule book didn't 'gift' Glasgow the title, they still had to go out on the track and win it....and that's exactly what they did. The title was won thanks to an excellent signing and some excellent riding.

There's a saying up here about one of the big clubs, "always cheated never defeated since 1888". I won't say which one but it seems to apply to some Poole fans!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bojangles said:

Stop bleating on about it. You lost. How about you accept you were beaten by the better team, take it like a man and move on? The rule book didn't 'gift' Glasgow the title, they still had to go out on the track and win it....and that's exactly what they did. The title was won thanks to an excellent signing and some excellent riding.

Well said. Oxford were also beaten by Tarasenko and Glasgow over two legs, which meant they didn't make the playoff final. In fact, the aggregate score was closer than the final against Poole. However, I didn't see one Oxford fan complaining like some Poole fans - they simply congratulated the Tigers and moved on. It seems some (not all, to be fair) Poole fans love to gloat when they win, but simply can't take it when the lose. 

• Like 1

Notice I didn’t blame Glasgow for bringing in Tarasenko. I blamed the pathetic rule hole from the BSPA which allowed a 6 point top league Grand Prix rider to enter the Championship on the same 6 point average. 

To be fair Steve, Poole were offered Tarasenko before Glasgow but they turned it down as they didn’t think it fair to get rid of Kyle Newman at the time. 

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking at the teams a rout is likely. How Glasgows team building efforts have fallen from last season. Instead of bringing in the likes of Tarasenko, which showed the rule book not fit for purpose and gifted Glasgow the title, this time around they bring in Ivacic. Perhaps they thought lightening would strike twice. Ivacic is a poor signing. The declared team at the start was poor.

If Kemp is available they have missed an opportunity to keep it reasonable. The lad is showing proper improvement. Barker has passed his sell buy date looking at his form this season.

You never know though and predictions before a meeting can lead to egg on face. Harris will battle. Pearson at reserve might pick up a scalp or two. Flint has scored well in the past but his form currently is off the boil. Garrad shouldn’t trouble the scorers. Ivacic hadn’t seen the place. Smith has never done anything of note.

Expecting 60-30. If Glasgow do better than that it will be a surprise.

You really are an antagonistic bell end.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Poole had signed Tarasenko it would have gifted Poole the title. It’s a completely fair comment and if I went back to the day on this forum Tarasenko signed for Glasgow  I said exactly that. It’s a fair and honest comment. Tarasenko changed the whole balance of the season in the Championship, just like the ridiculous late signing of Robert Lambert did for Belle Vue in the top flight. 

At least this massive hole in the rules, which the BSPA admitted afterwards, was quickly closed.

26 minutes ago, daz9100 said:

To be fair Steve, Poole were offered Tarasenko before Glasgow but they turned it down as they didn’t think it fair to get rid of Kyle Newman at the time. 

Can you imagine the melt down on here if we had done that? I am glad we didn’t.

17 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can you imagine the melt down on here if we had done that? I am glad we didn’t.

Probably something similar to the meltdown you had the day Glasgow signed him.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Notice I didn’t blame Glasgow for bringing in Tarasenko. I blamed the pathetic rule hole from the BSPA which allowed a 6 point top league Grand Prix rider to enter the Championship on the same 6 point average. 

It was a 5 point average!

Stupid rule, but opposition clubs should have pointed out the flaws pre-season, so can't complain after Glasgow won.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bojangles said:

Problem something similar to the meltdown you had the day Glasgow signed him.

I said that very day that Glasgow had won the title. They replaced a 6 pointer with a GP rider. I was proved correct.

Anyway water under the bridge now. Tomorrow the two teams meet again. Will Pirates take maximum points off the Champions? 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I said that very day that Glasgow had won the title. They replaced a 6 pointer with a GP rider. I was proved correct.

Anyway water under the bridge now. Tomorrow the two teams meet again. Will Pirates take maximum points off the Champions? 

If it's water under the bridge, why did you bring it up.... AGAIN?

Edited by Bojangles
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

If it's water under the bridge, why did you bring it up.... AGAIN?

Are we not allowed on here to talk about the last time we met Glasgow at Poole? 

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Are we not allowed on here to talk about the last time we met Glasgow at Poole? 

Of course you're allowed to talk, I simply asked you why you brought up the Tarasenko issue (and claiming Glasgow were gifted the title) if it's water under the bridge? Try answering the question this time!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Of course you're allowed to talk, I simply asked you why you brought up the Tarasenko issue (and claiming Glasgow were gifted the title) if it's water under the bridge? Try answering the question this time!

I brought up Tarasenko as he was riding for Glasgow the last time they rode at Poole, and was comparing last years Glasgow team with their current lineup. Every reason for him to be mentioned.

So tomorrow Pirates go for revenge on last season. Feel a little confident, though nothing is guaranteed. Weather is set fair. 27 C late afternoon.

Oh, there’s also a live stream so fans in Glasgow don’t have the travel the length of England. (And a little bit of Scotland) to watch it. ;O Thoughtful, eh?

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I brought up Tarasenko as he was riding for Glasgow the last time they rode at Poole, and was comparing last years Glasgow team with their current lineup. Every reason for him to be mentioned.

So tomorrow Pirates go for revenge on last season. Feel a little confident, though nothing is guaranteed. Weather is set fair. 27 C late afternoon.

Oh, there’s also a live stream so fans in Glasgow don’t have the travel the length of England. (And a little bit of Scotland) to watch it. ;O Thoughtful, eh?

If the Poole track was outside my back window I'd shut the curtains!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

12 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If the Poole track was outside my back window I'd shut the curtains!

Poole are by far the better team currently ,it’s to be hot and the track is sh!te.

Think I will cut the grass.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1