British Speedway Forum

Brummies v Aces Monday 29/7

41 minutes ago, TTT said:

He's a dreadful rider tbh, He's a one track pony (Berwick)

Should've been sacked ages ago.

I wouldn't go as far as that, certainly he's not improved much since a promising early career.

Besides who would you replace him with? Joe T, Nathan Ablitt, Ace Pijper? Flint is a better option than any of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chun said:

thought Kurtz was lucky to get all 4 back twice.  surely if you are on the outside you need to back off if gating alongside gate 3, otherwise it gives that rider a free run 

Why was he lucky, that's nonsense, he did nothing wrong.

4 hours ago, heathen52 said:

The way he is riding for the Brummies at present I can see the BSPL introducing an FS for next season Fading star is more apt for Leon Flint right now.

World under 21 finalist (something Brennan never managed to qualify for) and riding decently in Polish under 24 this season. No drop off in Prem or Champ averages.

I'd say that's a fairly respectable season with some encouraging signs of development.

13 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I thought he was lucky in the second running of heat 1 as nobody touched him. 

I couldn't see fully from where I was stood to be honest, but seemed similar to the first start, I don't think there is a rule on the number of all four backs you can have.  Trying to keep all 4 in a race especially on the first bend should always be the target.  There was definitely not enough in it to exclude anyone. 

I had a reasonable view of the first bend on the temporary stand at the end of the start/finish straight.  I didn't think there was any contact from Lindgren, unlike the first time, but there certainly wasn't much room for Kurtz and as the shale had been thoroughly drenched I couldn't see how he had a chance of staying up.

49 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

I couldn't see fully from where I was stood to be honest, but seemed similar to the first start, I don't think there is a rule on the number of all four backs you can have.  Trying to keep all 4 in a race especially on the first bend should always be the target.  There was definitely not enough in it to exclude anyone. 

I thought the first time Lindgren caught him which was a domjno effect but second one nobody touched him. I agree always better to have 4 in a race.

5 minutes ago, Col said:

I had a reasonable view of the first bend on the temporary stand at the end of the start/finish straight.  I didn't think there was any contact from Lindgren, unlike the first time, but there certainly wasn't much room for Kurtz and as the shale had been thoroughly drenched I couldn't see how he had a chance of staying up.

Which is why he backed off and cut back the third time 

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Which is why he backed off and cut back the third time 

He sold Lindgren a dummy, Lindgren stuck with the same gameplan and ended up pushing fresh air into the fence. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Lindgren was poor early on and seemed to pick the wrong lines.

Cost them the match

7 hours ago, TTT said:

He's a dreadful rider tbh, He's a one track pony (Berwick)

Should've been sacked ages ago.

I disagree with him being sacked he needs an experienced person with him to guide him to make the right decisions on the bike/ track and his set up. I’m unsure if he has that - it would be great if someone like Peter Adams could get in and guide him like he did with woffy years ago. There is a rider their but once his had a bad heat he almost needs it beaten out of him to move past it. 

11 hours ago, arnieg said:

World under 21 finalist (something Brennan never managed to qualify for) and riding decently in Polish under 24 this season. No drop off in Prem or Champ averages.

I'd say that's a fairly respectable season with some encouraging signs of development.

4 seasons as rising star and unable to get out of reserve berth suggests he not really shown any significant improvement.Still young but journeyman rider making a living out of the sport looks best bet at this time. Brennan is moving in the right direction compared with Leon.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Col said:

It was good to see the Aces win away for the first time since 2005.  I don't think I have seen them win away more recently but I could have in 2021. 

I did see Belle Vue win at EoESg in July 2021 but it's been three years, 10+ meetings at 4 different tracks.

8 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Lindgren was poor early on and seemed to pick the wrong lines.

All the Brummies riders were riding what turned out to be the slowest line in the first few heats.  It was as if the track was prepared completely the opposite to how they expected it to be.

7 minutes ago, Col said:

I did see Belle Vue win at EoESg in July 2021 but it's been three years, 10+ meetings at 4 different tracks.

All the Brummies riders were riding what turned out to be the slowest line in the first few heats.  It was as if the track was prepared completely the opposite to how they expected it to be.

Yes I think Belle Vue got away with one, should have been  a Birmingham victory but lost it in the early races and gave themselves too much to do added to Sam and his inept tactics.

9 hours ago, LagutaRacingFan said:

Lindgren has been a complete and utter disaster.

Birmingham should have paid Artem Laguta the money.

Artem is a World Champion.

Freddie is a Bridesmaid.

@stevebrum - Why is Freddie so poor?

Freddie is one is the best riders in the World recently beating a multi World Champion on his home track of numerous years to win Gorzow SGP and has been a great servant to British Speedway, unlike Laguta !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Goldhawk said:

Freddie is one is the best riders in the World recently beating a multi World Champion on his home track of numerous years to win Gorzow SGP and has been a great servant to British Speedway, unlike Laguta !

You really shouldn't bother replying to anything that poster posts!  Just ignore him and life on this forum becomes far more sensible.

• Haha 1