British Speedway Forum

Brummies v Aces Monday 29/7

Birmingham are bottom, what did people expect against a decent Belle Vue team. Brummies have good riders but clearly aren’t on it this year. 44-46 isn’t a score to be embarrassed about. They got beat by the better team on the night. Kurtz was on one, sometimes just have to take your hat off to the other team. I’m glad that Birmingham could return next year. More teams staying in speedway is better for the sport.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that a premiership rule because it happens all the time in the championship.

Heat 8 is a protected heat where your rising star has to ride in it,unless he gets injured of course.You can bring in the other reserve for the other rider,but not for the rising star.

1 minute ago, Shano101 said:

Birmingham are bottom, what did people expect against a decent Belle Vue team. Brummies have good riders but clearly aren’t on it this year. 44-46 isn’t a score to be embarrassed about. They got beat by the better team on the night. Kurtz was on one, sometimes just have to take your hat off to the other team. I’m glad that Birmingham could return next year. More teams staying in speedway is better for the sport.

Brum should  be winning  these matches tho ..

11 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Heat 8 is a protected heat where your rising star has to ride in it,unless he gets injured of course.You can bring in the other reserve for the other rider,but not for the rising star.

Thanks so it is to protect the rising star.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, iainb said:

It all seems a bit nicey nicey when you hear the brum management speak, it looks to me as if the Birmingham team need locking in the dressing room and somebody to start kicking some arses and get the paint peeling off of the walls! They're starting to rehash the same old excuses, setups, track conditions etc.

Good news to hear the Brummies will be back next year, subject to the doggies... they should stick one on a bike, couldn't do any worse:

https://x.com/UprightSpeedway/status/1815316673710145935?s=19

Stick a dog on a bike? Don’t be silly…. Hang on though, what about WHOOFFinden? Could work?

A few notes as I go to bed ...

It was good to see the Aces win away for the first time since 2005.  I don't think I have seen them win away more recently but I could have in 2021.  I did see Bewley & Kurtz win the pairs at Beaumont Park last year but that doesn't count.

It was also nice to go to a Speedway meeting & being able to get there in less than 30 minutes and home in 15 minutes.

Finally.. Brummies lost the meeting in heats 1 & 2.. when they were 2-10 down and rode like they had never seen the track before.  Was it that different last week?

2 hours ago, Shano101 said:

No Bewley there, R/R got 6, Bewley would have got more than that. Belle Vue reserves not ridden the track, Birmingham reserves are lot stronger on paper. 

Flint really has been disappointing recently, with his experience & Champ average, should be the top RS in the league. I know he has ambitions to move up the Speedway ladder, but not showing it in GB Speedway.

The good news for him is it looks like he could be a RS again next year as his average has dropped below 4.00.

Edited by szkocjasid

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Flint really has been disappointing recently, with his experience & Champ average, should be the top RS in the league. I know he has ambitions to move up the Speedway ladder, but not showing it in GB Speedway.

The good news for him is it looks like he could be a RS again never year as his average has dropped below 4.00.

This is his 4th season in the top flight. He must be the longest RS on record! Has he ever moved up into the main body of the team either with Wolves or Brum?

6 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The good news for him is it looks like he could be a RS again never year as his average has dropped below 4.00.

Agreed, has been the difference between wins/losses for Brum all season as they expected him to get much more at home especially. I think he's reached his level. 

5 hours ago, tyler42 said:

This is his 4th season in the top flight. He must be the longest RS on record! Has he ever moved up into the main body of the team either with Wolves or Brum?

The way he is riding for the Brummies at present I can see the BSPL introducing an FS for next season Fading star is more apt for Leon Flint right now.

Like last week I thought the Brummies reserves should have outscored their Aces counterparts enough to win the meeting for the home team.  Pawlicki got going by the end but isn't looking anything like the class rider he is in Poland... although he did have a poor weekend for FZG & at Bydgoszcz.  Thought the track was over watered at the start but no complaints it was absolutely scorching at the start of the meeting, that was why Kurtz had two spills in heat 1.
Gates 2 & 3 were an obvious advantage.  Look at Blodorn's score, he was untouchable off the middle gates but absolutely nowhere when off the outside gates.
Except for Lidsey somehow managing to go from 1st to last on the first lap of heat 7, I can't remember any over taking.

37 minutes ago, Col said:

Like last week I thought the Brummies reserves should have outscored their Aces counterparts enough to win the meeting for the home team.  Pawlicki got going by the end but isn't looking anything like the class rider he is in Poland... although he did have a poor weekend for FZG & at Bydgoszcz.  Thought the track was over watered at the start but no complaints it was absolutely scorching at the start of the meeting, that was why Kurtz had two spills in heat 1.
Gates 2 & 3 were an obvious advantage.  Look at Blodorn's score, he was untouchable off the middle gates but absolutely nowhere when off the outside gates.
Except for Lidsey somehow managing to go from 1st to last on the first lap of heat 7, I can't remember any over taking.

thought Kurtz was lucky to get all 4 back twice.  surely if you are on the outside you need to back off if gating alongside gate 3, otherwise it gives that rider a free run 

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

The good news for him is it looks like he could be a RS again next year as his average has dropped below 4.00.

He's a dreadful rider tbh, He's a one track pony (Berwick)

Should've been sacked ages ago.

9 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Needs a big track NSS  ideal for him look at SON 2 how he scored? There I'd have him along with tate next season :t:

Edited by AceBelle