British Speedway Forum

Championship Pairs Oxford 16th August 2024

Thought the ref called it spot on. Nicholls charged under Wright, fairly at first, but locked up causing Wright to hit him and fall. I thought instantly it was Nicholls fault because of the lockup. Was a good final up until that point.Ā 
Ā 

Glad Danny King turned his night around after a poor start. Got dialled right in.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

This dust bowl is not great either.

Awful track Ā  Similar to Poole and Birmingham that the water truck doesnā€™t put enough water down.Ā 
I know it was a hot day but it was hotter yesterday at Ipswich where there was no dust at all. Similarly at Belle Vue on Monday.Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

... and there goes the forumĀ :mad:

Itā€™s a forum and people have different opinions. If Wright had been excluded it would have been very unfair as it wasnā€™t a fair pass from Nicholls. He was desperate and basically threw the bike in front of Wright, but not fully in control.

Others will have a different opinion.Ā 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Itā€™s a forum and people have different opinions. If Wright had been excluded it would have been very unfair as it wasnā€™t a fair pass from Nicholls. He was desperate and basically threw the bike in front of Wright, but not fully in control.

Others will have a different opinion.Ā 

No, I mean connection errors again... finally the sport has got the forum it deservesĀ :D

Edited by iainb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Disappointed with Scottā€™s lack of Sportmanship on Podium.Though he was better than that.

Showed he's not and despite his advancing years, maturity hasn't cured the petulant character that has always bubbled under the surface. Never someone I liked because of it.

30 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Disappointed with Scottā€™s lack of Sportmanship on Podium.Though he was better than that.Ref had a tough call .

He obviously borrowed one of Batch's dummies! Pleased for Redcar as they'll miss out on the playoffs so have something for their season.Ā 

• Haha 1

I don't think its right that a team can sign a rider just weeks before a Championship event (or Premiership) and he gets preference over established team riders in a prestigious meeting. You would have thought they would have to ride in a minimum number of meetings (guest bookings do not count) as a signed on team member, (4/6 meetings home & away in total maybe??) before getting preference over riders who have turned out for their team week in, week out prior to the event. I know averages dictate who rides, but establish a minimum number of meetings to be considered for future events..Ā 

(Glasgow by the way and my opinion)

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

I don't think its right that a team can sign a rider just weeks before a Championship event (or Premiership) and he gets preference over established team riders in a prestigious meeting. You would have thought they would have to ride in a minimum number of meetings (guest bookings do not count) as a signed on team member, (4/6 meetings home & away in total maybe??) before getting preference over riders who have turned out for their team week in, week out prior to the event. I know averages dictate who rides, but establish a minimum number of meetings to be considered for future events..Ā 

(Glasgow by the way and my opinion)

Steve Worrall is ill otherwise he would have been Bomber's partner. Anders Rowe was signed to replace Steve Worrall; Anders average is lower than Steve's. So Glasgow haven't been strengthened by Anders being signed. Glasgow were not pulling a fast one or taking advantage of ambiguous rules. They replaced a rider rather than going down the route of guests - most fans hate guests. Having replaced the rider why shouldn't he then take his place in a pairs competition representing the side he has signed for?

Well done to Anders and Bomber, 3rd place was more than I expected. Also hope that Charles and Scott are both OK after their 'coming together'.

• Like 6