British Speedway Forum

Championship Pairs Oxford 16th August 2024

Pairs line-up. Oxford got to be hot favourites for this, with Glasgow challengers again (depending on Worrall's fitness).

PLYMOUTH: Ben Barker & Dan Thompson
BERWICK: Lewis Kerr & Drew Kemp
GLASGOW: Chris Harris & Steve Worrall (TBC)
REDCAR: Charles Wright & Danny King
EDINBURGH: Josh Pickering & Justin Sedgmen
WORKINGTON: Troy Batchelor & Craig Cook
SCUNTHORPE: Michael Palm Toft & Kyle Howarth
POOLE: Richard Lawson & Ben Cook
OXFORD: Scott Nicholls & Sam Masters

1st: Oxford
2nd: Redcar
3rd: Glasgow

Oxford's to lose. Nicholls and Masters are near unbeatable at home. Redcar and Glasgow to fill the podium. Workington in with an outside shout as they both have plenty of track experience - obviously depending if Batchelor turns up. Poole would surely be stronger with Tom Brennan, especially with how he rode last night.

7 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Oxford's to lose. Nicholls and Masters are near unbeatable at home. Redcar and Glasgow to fill the podium. Workington in with an outside shout as they both have plenty of track experience - obviously depending if Batchelor turns up. Poole would surely be stronger with Tom Brennan, especially with how he rode last night.

Who's the second rider bringing third home for Glasgow?

54 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Tom Brennan will be in Cardiff for GP.

• Like 2

Let's hope from a neutrals point of view that stevie Worrall is okay to race for glasgow as with there 3rd choice rider in the averages been leon flint there might be doubts about him been able to take part if he gets one of the reserve places for the Cardiff g.p.

3 hours ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Troy's been excellent all season so Workington fans have no concerns whether or not he turns up. He must just enjoy riding somewhere he's liked and appreciated this season! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Firestone1 said:

Troy's been excellent all season so Workington fans have no concerns whether or not he turns up. He must just enjoy riding somewhere he's liked and appreciated this season! 

In the Pairs at Sandy Lane last year he was doing wheelies down the straights while in last position, so it's a fair comment about whether he turns up or not - he was a disgrace. Try respecting the fans and perhaps he'll get the same level of respect in turn.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Firestone1 said:

I meant purely from a performance perspective. He's scored maximums at Oxford, but hasn't impressed in his most reason visits. He was pretty poor when Workington visited this season.

Oh, and I had forgotten all about his antics at the Pairs last year. He'll definitely need to be better than that!

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

In the Pairs at Sandy Lane last year he was doing wheelies down the straights while in last position, so it's a fair comment about whether he turns up or not - he was a disgrace. Try respecting the fans and perhaps he'll get the same level of respect in turn.

Ahhh a member of the "We hate Troy Batchelor brigade", I'll make you a hat!! 

26 minutes ago, Firestone1 said:

Ahhh a member of the "We hate Troy Batchelor brigade", I'll make you a hat!! 

Think I've I'd paid good money for the pairs last year to watch bachelor's antics I might have joined that club too! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Think I've I'd paid good money for the pairs last year to watch bachelor's antics I might have joined that club too! 

Yep his antics at last years pairs were pretty poor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2024 at 12:39 PM, Firestone1 said:

Seemed to have his attitude back tonight at Berwick! Let's hope for Workington's sake he makes an effort at the pairs this year. 

2 hours ago, Colinspeedway said:

Seemed to have his attitude back tonight at Berwick! Let's hope for Workington's sake he makes an effort at the pairs this year. 

Hope he doesn't have to be interviewed 

• Like 1