British Speedway Forum

Scunny V comets

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

Hosepipe ban in Lincolnshire?

What a dreadful watch that was, roll on tomorrow at the GT tyres arena

We can't say much. I havent missed one home meeting yet and 9 times out 10 they struggle to keep the dust down.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

do you think the Celina experiment has paid off?

No. But the promotion are too soft to get rid. Double change should of been made when Tate had that nasty crash.

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

do you think the Celina experiment has paid off?

What was the experiment? If it was to exploit the fact she is female for the press and to gain some publicity, it might have worked for the first couple of weeks but if it’s as a scoring machine, well I doubt any other club would have had her still in their side. Having now said that she will pop out tomorrow and bang in double figures! 

Thing is, she is the best female speedway rider. Would the best female footballer be in a Championship, or even league two side? No. It’s a physical sport as is Speedway and it made a bit of news but that’s really it.

3 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

No. But the promotion are too soft to get rid. Double change should of been made when Tate had that nasty crash.

Celina ain't good enough, neither is sam. 

We ain't running national league now, and we ain't paying national league admission money either.

Changes should.of been made well before now 

• Like 1

now said that she will pop out tomorrow and bang in double figures! 

If that happens I'll run round the GT tyres northside arena bollock naked  :blink:  but don't forget she is the ladies world champion  have the pilots got a current world champion in their ranks :unsure:

Everyone has the right to be negative about our reserves. I'm going to bring in some positivity. Sam on his last couple of races at Edinburgh looked improved. He had confidence in the bends. Today was an improvement too. He didn't lack confidence around the bends like he has done most of the season. If he had better gating he probably would've scored more today.

As for celina, she has hardly featured for us lately and she was awful today. 

1 minute ago, Neila said:

If that happens I'll run round the GT tyres northside arena bollock naked  :blink:  but don't forget she is the ladies world champion  have the pilots got a current world champion in their ranks :unsure:

Yes. Tom Brennan. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Midget said:

Don't know whats more embarrassing, tonight's performance or the fact that we are going to run a full season with this reserve pairing. 

Where would we be if we didn't have cookie. 

I agree, worst reserve pairing in the league,celina is a  pr exercise time to move her on 

11 minutes ago, Neila said:

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes. Tom Brennan. 

And Gary Havelock.

Edited by BackInTheDHSS

First 4 heats were a disaster for the Comets and we never fully recovered. The Scorps exploited the inside line off turn 2 multiple times with Claus going so wide on one occasion he was nearly in the next postcode. We had some battling heats in the middle of the meeting but a 2-4 and 1-5 in heats 12 and 13 effectively killed off any chance of the aggegate bonus point. Cookie led from the front tonight and he showed tremendous courage in heat 15 to squeeze round the outside on turn 2 to come out in front. Thanks to Jason Edwards for guesting tonight he battled in every race and maybe deserved more points . 

The warning signs are there that if we don't all fire tomorrow we will be another scalp for the Pirates so come on you  Comets it's time to raise the bar and come out fighting especially Sam and Celina.