British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Berwick - Wed 24th July

6 minutes ago, BacktrackBandit said:

Etheridge at 5 is worse than anything in the world. 

I understand the logic of deciding no-one will beat Masters & Nicholls in heat 13, so trying to score more in 8,12&14, but I do feel for Etheridge.

It's certainly a move done to avoid a drubbing / give themselves a chance of the bonus point.

Does make them look very weak in the heats with Etheridge & Hodder though!

Edited by szkocjasid

7 minutes ago, BacktrackBandit said:

Etheridge at 5 is worse than anything in the world. 

He’s doing a sterling job. Absolute club legend. George, Dick and Mythman always tell the less educated Berwick fans of how well he’s doing and they’ll support him through thick and thin. Admirable really.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I understand the logic of deciding no-one will beat Masters & Nicholls in heat 13, so trying to score more in 8,12&14, but I do feel for Etheridge.

It's certainly a move done to avoid a drubbing / give themselves a chance of the bonus point.

Does make them look very weak in the heats with Etheridge & Hodder though!

Could Joe Thomson not have had one of Jye's other rides?

14 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

That’s the spirit 

Another deluded Berwick supporter here. 

said it at the start of June we wouldn’t get another point in the league.

Would you give Dickson another year? Personally I’d be on phone to Peter Waite. 

Most posters on here knew we weren't going to win tonight,let's be honest we will be lucky not to finish bottom of the league,I know we've had injuries but so have other teams, just another crap season.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BacktrackBandit said:

How Jye Etheridge still rides for this club is unbelievable. Got to be the worst so called ‘heat leader’ in the league. 

awful rider. 

We don’t have to pretend why he is still at the Club and he was signed hoping he would score well at home .!!! 
Another poor season from him but some will still say he rode near his average.

A lot of Berwick fans moaning about their team’s performance after saying they would get hammered anyway. You did better than you thought. In fact, you did better at Sandy Lane than every other team (bar Poole, obviously) that’s visited in the league. And with a far from fully-fit Lewis Kerr. Give yourselves a break, the Bandits showed far more fighting spirit than most of the other teams I’ve seen. 

3 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

A lot of Berwick fans moaning about their team’s performance after saying they would get hammered anyway. You did better than you thought. In fact, you did better at Sandy Lane than every other team (bar Poole, obviously) that’s visited in the league. And with a far from fully-fit Lewis Kerr. Give yourselves a break, the Bandits showed far more fighting spirit than most of the other teams I’ve seen. 

Nobody is denying the fighting spirit,I welcomed the refreshing changes at the start of the season,unfortunately it hasn’t worked out for a number of reasons .Thats Speedway though and we struggle to compete and the right end of the League again.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BackInTheDHSS said:

Was actually looking at the fixtures & was gonna comment that Berwick (37) scored more at Oxford than Workington (33), Scunthorpe (34), Edinburgh (36), Redcar (36) & Glasgow (36).

Now I'm sure Berwick fans & riders will be disappointed with the score, but it wasn't the thrashing some suggested!

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Was actually looking at the fixtures & was gonna comment that Berwick (37) scored more at Oxford than Workington (33), Scunthorpe (34), Edinburgh (36), Redcar (36) & Glasgow (36).

Now I'm sure Berwick fans & riders will be disappointed with the score, but it wasn't the thrashing some suggested!

Does that mean we should be thinking. Bonus point.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Does that mean we should be thinking. Bonus point.

Probably not, think Berwick will just be happy for a home victory. Does show Oxford should pick up plenty of bonus points, probably cements their place in the play-offs

Edited by szkocjasid

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

We don’t have to pretend why he is still at the Club and he was signed hoping he would score well at home .!!! 
Another poor season from him but some will still say he rode near his average.

A few Berwick fans that I speak to all said he’d score well at home, in a weak league, and be steady away from home. 

If he’s back next year we might aswell call a day on speedway at Berwick.