British Speedway Forum

Oxford vs Berwick - Wed 24th July

Paid maximums for Lewis Kerr and Drew Kemp coming up....

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Cameron Heeps, 3. Ashton Boughen, 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jody Scott.

Berwick Bandits: 1. Lewis Kerr, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Drew Kemp, 4. Leon Flint, 5. Jye Etheridge, 6. Freddy Hodder, 7. Joe Thompson.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Bojangles said:

Paid maximums for Lewis Kerr and Drew Kemp coming up....

Oxford Cheetahs: 1. Sam Masters, 2. Cameron Heeps, 3. Ashton Boughen, 4. Jordan Jenkins, 5. Scott Nicholls, 6. Luke Killeen, 7. Jody Scott.

Berwick Bandits: 1. Lewis Kerr, 2. Danyon Hume, 3. Drew Kemp, 4. Leon Flint, 5. Jye Etheridge, 6. Freddy Hodder, 7. Joe Thompson.

They will have to get maximums for Berwick to have any chance. Big Cheetahs win. 56-34.

Not very optimistic about this one , looks like a tough night for the Bandits  , Oxford 59-31Berwick , I have been wrong in the past though , as a man once said "It's a funny old game" 

13 hours ago, DSC67 said:

Not very optimistic about this one , looks like a tough night for the Bandits  , Oxford 59-31Berwick , I have been wrong in the past though , as a man once said "It's a funny old game" 

Normally optimistic but not expecting much tonight. Apart from Drew the rest of the Bandits not had much bike time since June 22nd. 54-36 Home Win

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rearingtogo said:

One thing the promotion are good at is throwing riders out of their team like confetti 

1 hour ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

We’ve not made a single change. 

And neither have the Cheetahs. In fact the only Cheetahs changes since the start of LAST season are the addition of Ashton Boughen and the dropping of Kerr for Killeen (which was due to averages). Strange comment. :unsure:

Edited by Bojangles

Posted (edited)

It's surely not going to be as easy as some people think. With Ashton Boughen in the main body of the team, you'd have to say Drew Kemp and Leon Flint are a stronger 3/4 pairing than Boughen and Jenkins. Lewis Kerr is always going to get a decent haul of points as well, and Joe Thompson is a pretty strong reserve - especially compared to Killeen and Scott. Oxford clearly stronger at 1 and 5, and Heeps is a bit of a trump card at 2... but it'll be a battle I think. Oxford 51-39.

Edited by Bojangles
typo

1 hour ago, Bojangles said:

It's surely not going to be as easy as some people think. With Ashton Boughen in the main body of the team, you'd have to say Drew Kemp and Leon Flint are a stronger 3/4 pairing than Boughen and Jenkins. Lewis Kerr is always going to get a decent haul of points as well, and Joe Thompson is a pretty strong reverse - especially compared to Killeen and Scott. Oxford clearly stronger at 1 and 5, and Heeps is a bit of a trump card at 2... but it'll be a battle I think. Oxford 51-39.

I hope Joe Thompson’s not in reverse… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I hope Joe Thompson’s not in reverse… 

Gonna be hilarious meeting the other three coming the other way