British Speedway Forum

Workington Comets vs Poole Pirates 27th July

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Neila said:

Well as expected Poole won easily,  but they are a top team, they will win all trophies this season,  that will suit @lbw flat whites all round on his hunt for a trophy :D some good racing, and even better racing for the young kids after the meeting.  Good to see Celina get a win in her last race to score her average

I've just had a celebration 2 pints of lager and a curry at the Waverley :D

Equally as good was to see our reserve Vinnie starting to show his talent with 6+2(4) along with other recent good scores.

Good to see you again and meet Geoff for the first time, where is he lurking? :D

Edited by lbw
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ok thanks. On BSN it showed it from the middle of the debate shall we say and the commentary said it was Vissing that went to them. But that makes more sense as I can see why Ben would have an issue with Vissing and even couldn't blame Zach complaining about Craig either imo. 

I mean it’s hard racing, if you don’t like it then don’t race. 

Just watched it on catchup and it was as easy as the scoreline suggests. Pirates dominant and Workington had no answer. 

Again a terrible decision from the ref in heat 14 to exclude Zach. What was he expected to do? It’s called first bend bunching and it should have been all four back. And he allowed Sam McGurk to race with a dirt deflector bent upwards! Yes we all know he wasn’t going to score but ref, have some consistency!

First time I have watched a meeting from Workington and it seems a good track. Shame about billowing dust from the start though. 

Safe journey home to all the Pirate fans who made the trip up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

I mean it’s hard racing, if you don’t like it then don’t race. 

Oh yeah, course it is hard racing but it is borderline and I can understand when other riders take issue with it. Also Craig and Vissing would be the first to kick off if it was done to them. 

Also why did Vissing show Vinnie his back wheel after H8. Hadn't done anything wrong that I could see. 

Enjoyed the meeting didnt expect us to win ,lets be honest poole would give any team in both leagues a run for there money,met a few poole fans can put faces to people on here now ,hope u all have safe journey home,that young lad in the second half looks a good prospect shame he wernt 16.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Just watched it on catchup and it was as easy as the scoreline suggests. Pirates dominant and Workington had no answer. 

Again a terrible decision from the ref in heat 14 to exclude Zach. What was he expected to do? It’s called first bend bunching and it should have been all four back. And he allowed Sam McGurk to race with a dirt deflector bent upwards! Yes we all know he wasn’t going to score but ref, have some consistency!

First time I have watched a meeting from Workington and it seems a good track. Shame about billowing dust from the start though. 

Billowing dust from the start are u having a laugh,try wiping the dust off your tv.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Billowing dust from the start are u having a laugh,try wiping the dust off your tv.

It was dusty! I've seen Poole and Plymouth dusty but that was on another level! Even though it is only because of afternoon racing and tbh they were trying to keep it under control with the water. 

Edit - like Jason Edwards said it would be even better there if they could get evening meetings. 

Edited by lisa-colette

Poole were very good today, your a good side if youv'e won your last 11 meetings so well done to them.

We were outgated as indeed we were at Wimbourne Road way too many times and the top Pirates in the team were too fast when in front often enough for us  to not be able to reel them in. Only 4 heat wins and 10 last places tells its own story.

Sometimes results are also influenced by what circumstances the team you are racing against are experiencing and without doubt we missed Tate Zischke today. He had been knocking in double figures around Northside prior to his injury.

A team can carry one non scoring reserve but two makes it a big ask even if just one of your top five misfires so I can't help but feel that we should have strengthened up . As a club we should not lose sight that the main income stream is usually the paying public so promotions should do there very best to give the fans the strongest line up they can just like Poole do. I admire them for that.

Thanks to the Pirate fans that made the journey i'm sure you will have enjoyed your day and indeed your weekend, it's always great to see your team win away and to achieve that feat on consecutive days must have been great.

For Worky we really need to regroup if we are to make the playoffs and extend our season. We can't really afford any drop off in form from any rider because you can't always rely on guests to score the points the rider there guesting for would so lets not fade away and undo the solid work to date.

Up the Comets.

37 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Oh yeah, course it is hard racing but it is borderline and I can understand when other riders take issue with it. Also Craig and Vissing would be the first to kick off if it was done to them. 

Also why did Vissing show Vinnie his back wheel after H8. Hadn't done anything wrong that I could see. 

I didn’t see after heat 8, was too disgusted at vissing’s performance, again. No disrespect to Ashton and Vinnie but he should be winning that race, especially at home. Poole a very strong outfit, can’t see anyone stopping them from doing a clean sweep. Everyone mucked in and it was a solid team performance. Don’t get why Hagon can’t ride our track, strange.

34 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

I didn’t see after heat 8, was too disgusted at vissing’s performance, again. No disrespect to Ashton and Vinnie but he should be winning that race, especially at home. Poole a very strong outfit, can’t see anyone stopping them from doing a clean sweep. Everyone mucked in and it was a solid team performance. Don’t get why Hagon can’t ride our track, strange.

In Hagon's defence he only lost to Workington's top 5, all of whom have higher averages than him. Not an unexpected result from a reserve away from home.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It was dusty! I've seen Poole and Plymouth dusty but that was on another level! Even though it is only because of afternoon racing and tbh they were trying to keep it under control with the water. 

Edit - like Jason Edwards said it would be even better there if they could get evening meetings. 

Was stood on turn 2 was not a problem with dust dont know what u were watching

3 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

A bit disappointed that Trackrat hasn't been on congratulating Poole on the two away wins this weekend :party:

Oh he will be back, when it suits. but you might be waiting a while  .:rofl::rofl:

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Don't worry Geoff a lot of Poole fans just watch  away meetings on TV, so it must need dusting :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, CTD26 said:

Vissing in good company tbh as in last four meetings Vinnie has beaten the oppositions no2 home and away in H8! Bowtell and Lambert at Poole and Smith and Vissing away! 

13 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Watch it back then and you'll see. It was prob the worst after first couple of heats until they got the water out. After that wasn't as bad but it is only because of racing in the afternoon. If it was evening wouldn't be a problem. 

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But the incident with Cook didnt happen on the FIRST BEND did it !  It happened mid way between the 1st and 2nd bends. If it had happened going in to the FIRST BEND then the ref can use his discretion. Once the riders are them progressing to the 2nd bend, he cant use the "1st bend bunching" rule !

Also where did you see all this "billowing dust" ???  I havent missed a meeting there all season, and believe you me, you can hardly say there was ANY dust today !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CTD26 said:

Aye and let’s probably use a tac sub in heat 12 against one of if not Poole’s fastest rider. Another denham masterclass again

Don't post much on here like but it was a 5-1 in heat 12 wasn't it? Maybe he could have got Cookie on a golden double. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Vissing in good company tbh as in last four meetings Vinnie has beaten the oppositions no2 home and away in H8! Bowtell and Lambert at Poole and Smith and Vissing away! 

Watch it back then and you'll see. It was prob the worst after first couple of heats until they got the water out. After that wasn't as bad but it is only because of racing in the afternoon. If it was evening wouldn't be a problem. 

Steve and Andrew did water and grade after 2 heats and generally kept on top of it thereafter. My perception was that visible dust was not really an issue especially in the main meeting, did increase later on in the Junior Championship races though but again not excessive.

• Like 2

Don’t know why the Comets fans need to justify anything regarding dust because a couple of Poole fans comments on it.

Warm day,, afternoon meeting off course you will get some dust . Even when they are dominant they still find something personally I thought they controlled it very well.

• Like 3