British Speedway Forum

Workington Comets vs Poole Pirates 27th July

15 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is a bummer that Tobias is out. Boughen not at the same level as Tobias unless he gates.

Obviously with being a pilots fan you know nowt about the rest of the speedway world, Aston boughen (unfortunately) is very good round northside.  Poole now much stronger 

10 minutes ago, Neila said:

Obviously with being a pilots fan you know nowt about the rest of the speedway world, Aston boughen (unfortunately) is very good round northside.  Poole now much stronger 

Makes u wonder why we didnt book him !

51 minutes ago, Neila said:

Maybe wants a lot of money only Poole could afford him 

Poole don't pay big money but they do guarantee payment on time.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole don't pay big money but they do guarantee payment on time.

I wouldn't mind knowing what Poole pay their riders , be interesting for most fans I would imagine so fire away Skidder1 .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

I wouldn't mind knowing what Poole pay their riders , be interesting for most fans I would imagine so fire away Skidder1 .

He doesn't know, poor old clive t he thinks he's in the know but nah. 

looking forward to this meeting . i am sure both sides will do their best . comets win would be nice , but its a big ask for the home team . as long as its entertaining , i will be happy sam looks to be more on the pace over the last few meetings and tries real hard . his day will come.

Arrived in Workington and enjoying me Costa flat white, well I say enjoying it as it hasn't been made very well, more milk than owt else. But hey I won't complain after last night.

Looking forward to this afternoon's meeting with the sun shining & blue skies.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

4 minutes ago, lbw said:

Arrived in Workington and enjoying me Costa flat white, well I say enjoying it as it hasn't been made very well, more milk than owt else. But hey I won't complain after last night.

Looking forward to this afternoon's meeting with the sun shining & blue skies.

C'mon the Boyzzzz :t:

Just now, Neila said:

Told ya your better off int spoons with a flat pint. Hopefully meet you later, we met in Poole, I'm on middle of bend 1 + 2 by the comets Union Jack  UTC

Well they say milk lines the stomach. Ready for the beers later lol.

So unless there is a last minute change, it looks like its the same referee, Dave Watters, as at Glasgow last evening!!!

Lets hope for no first bend 'offs' or startline tardiness, as well as punishing any/all 'rollers'!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they say milk lines the stomach. Ready for the beers later lol.

Plenty of comets lager to sup, and you can take the empty can home as a souvenir of the visit to worky:D  hopefully the only thing you take home, leave the 2 points for the Comets 

2 minutes ago, Neila said:

Plenty of comets lager to sup, and you can take the empty can home as a souvenir of the visit to worky:D  hopefully the only thing you take home, leave the 2 points for the Comets 

We have helped you a lot recently. Winning at Redcar and Glasgow so they stay behind you in the table. Maybe we can have 2 points (draw and BP) and you win superheat, so 2-2. Sounds fair to me! :D;)

• Like 1