British Speedway Forum

Glasgow Tigers vs Poole Pirates 26th July

So we beat Glasgow with an 8 man team and no Tobias. Ref excludes Lawson for first bend bunching in heat one, then excludes Ben Cook who was at the tapes with the other riders for 2 mins. Give the ref a haggis. Justice was served in heat 15 with Tatties and Neeps.

The loss of Tobias is clear to see. He has been excellent this year and as I said earlier, Boughen makes us a lot weaker, and so it proved. Pirates move on to Workington tomorrow afternoon. A tough test awaits.

Another fantastic meeting and Poole probably just deserved it in the end, but lack off top end strength bar Bomber cost us.

As a side note did our manager not know Pearson could have got 7 Rides,

I really found that bizarre and probably cost us in the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A 2 point away win after 2 dubious heat leader exclusions!!? Not bad at all really. Suck it up Gav.:t:

How do you know they were dubious did you watch a stream.

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

A 2 point away win after 2 dubious heat leader exclusions!!? Not bad at all really. Suck it up Gav.:t:

Nothing wrong with the Lawson exclusion. Ben Cook's was a mystery. But it was Dave Watters. He's making it his calling card.

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Another fantastic meeting and Poole probably just deserved it in the end, but lack off top end strength bar Bomber cost us.

Thought the same. Giving Smith and Ivacic 4 rides was ludicrous.  Pearson a real thorn in our side tonight. Well done the Glasgow team manager for helping us over the line. I mean, the ref couldn’t have done much more for ya!

Just now, Gazc said:

The bonus,Your enjoying some fantastic racing.Flint has reach his level and is not a passer most points from the gate.

Just now, Gazc said:

Don't you love it the guy wasn't there first Poole fan to question, no sorry exclaim about the refereeing decisions :rofl:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Definitely wasn't there  doesn't travel to away matches not a proper fan. Well done Poole sounds as though the track provided a great meeting for the supporters of both teams who watched it live. 

• Like 1

Rob is there and so full reports. Said crowd was quite decent for Glasgow, racing has been good, a bit cold,  fair amount of Pirates fans made the trip, ref had a stinker, on his way to Keswick and should arrive just before Midnight. Said the Harris v Cook was highlight.

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

That Poole team should have won much easier than that can’t believe it went to a last heat … a team no real heat leaders apart form Harris when Poole effectively have 4 heat leaders but only win by 2

Poole to win the league at a canter but they make hard work of it 

And your mate Vinnie getting 5.

Would have over long before heat 15 if Lawson hadn't come off and Ben Cook hadn't been back on 15m

2 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

And your mate Vinnie getting 5.

Would have over long before heat 15 if Lawson hadn't come off and Ben Cook hadn't been back on 15m

No way would Max be scoring anywhere near what Vinnie has been scoring. Just need to get his gating to improve and he will be fine. We forget how young he is.

• Like 2

Tom looks to have gone up a level, couldn't lace bombers boots last year gave him some trouble tonight. I'd imagine disappointed not to get heat 15. 

Also boy was a wrong about Anders Rowe. Top effort from him

17 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Nothing wrong with the Lawson exclusion. Ben Cook's was a mystery. But it was Dave Watters. He's making it his calling card.

Ben Cook wasn't ready at the start line when the 2 minutes expired. Well to be more specific he was 1 second too slow to rev the bike, very harsh but technically correct according to this year's rules, a few riders have been caught out by it this year.

18 minutes ago, lewy said:

Definitely wasn't there  doesn't travel to away matches not a proper fan. Well done Poole sounds as though the track provided a great meeting for the supporters of both teams who watched it live. 

Not physically able to travel away these days so just stick to home meetings and sponsorship. Hope that's OK with you Lewy!:nono:

7 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Tom looks to have gone up a level, couldn't lace bombers boots last year gave him some trouble tonight. I'd imagine disappointed not to get heat 15. 

Also boy was a wrong about Anders Rowe. Top effort from him

I really like Rowe. I think he has great style on a bike and a proper future in the sport. Gutted Poole didn’t keep hold of him as the potential was there to be seen. Best of luck to him for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

My man in the pits was relaying info heat by heat.

You should have got him to film the meeting on his phone , stream sorted knowing your luck he would only have a 3 gig data plan and miss heat 15.

• Haha 4

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Not physically able to travel away these days so just stick to home meetings and sponsorship. Hope that's OK with you Lewy!:nono:

You manage to go to Portugal a couple of times a year,that's further than any track in UK.