British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

25 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There were so many of you there because you expected an easy result.As I said earlier if Klindt and Basso was there,there would have only have been a third of you there as the result could have gone either way.So I reckon at least two thirds were expecting an easy win.As I said Ipswich haven't travelled in numbers like that in 30 years to Lynn.

And if Jason Doyle was there etc etc but they weren’t. 

22 minutes ago, tellboy said:

There were so many of you there because you expected an easy result.As I said earlier if Klindt and Basso was there,there would have only have been a third of you there as the result could have gone either way.So I reckon at least two thirds were expecting an easy win.As I said Ipswich haven't travelled in numbers like that in 30 years to Lynn.

I never expect an easy win against KL as it is a derby. I think being the start of school holidays had a lot to do with the amount of away fans, plus the lack of action at foxhall this month as with the rain off we have had no speedway in july at home

• Like 2

Wow, Ipswich fans expecting 55+, quite a pointless argument, like the one if we had Klindt and Basso,Lynn could of won,they didn't have them,like we could of had Doyley,and won by mote,but we didn't.

Any away win is valued at this level, and if some of the Lynn fans had seen us at Leicester last Thursday like I did, then Lynn could feel a bit gutted they didn't win, as we were awful.

That's Speedway, injuries are a big part of this sport, we have won meetings without Doyle,Ellis and King this season on many occasions, it is what it is, apart from speaking up on the subject of 55+(Pointless Conversation),I must add that's the 3rd time I've been to Lynn this season, and I'm hoping to go Monday Vs Sheffield and the crowds and supporters have been a pleasure to be around, all enjoyable evenings with good banter but MOST Lynn supporters knowledgeable conversations.

As a genuine Speedway fan(Taking Ipswich out of it)I feel for all Lynn Supporters this season, they haven't had any luck with riders,Commitment from some and of course injuries,but they are a well supported team and hope they get sorted for next season, with or without Buster.

Good night,and hope to be back Monday Night.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bash said:

I never expect an easy win against KL as it is a derby. I think being the start of school holidays had a lot to do with the amount of away fans, plus the lack of action at foxhall this month as with the rain off we have had no speedway in july at home

Absolutely. Fans have been starved of action recently and as you say, school holidays have now started. As for the result, I think Tel is being a little mischievous there. Yes, it was a meeting that we SHOULD be winning, but I didn’t see anyone predicting 55+ for Ipswich leading up to the meeting. I personally predicted a very tight meeting as most did, and if Kvech had ridden like he has previously at home and done a little better, it would have been just that. 

4 minutes ago, siggysigalos said:

Wow, Ipswich fans expecting 55+, quite a pointless argument, like the one if we had Klindt and Basso,Lynn could of won,they didn't have them,like we could of had Doyley,and won by mote,but we didn't.

Any away win is valued at this level, and if some of the Lynn fans had seen us at Leicester last Thursday like I did, then Lynn could feel a bit gutted they didn't win, as we were awful.

That's Speedway, injuries are a big part of this sport, we have won meetings without Doyle,Ellis and King this season on many occasions, it is what it is, apart from speaking up on the subject of 55+(Pointless Conversation),I must add that's the 3rd time I've been to Lynn this season, and I'm hoping to go Monday Vs Sheffield and the crowds and supporters have been a pleasure to be around, all enjoyable evenings with good banter but MOST Lynn supporters knowledgeable conversations.

As a genuine Speedway fan(Taking Ipswich out of it)I feel for all Lynn Supporters this season, they haven't had any luck with riders,Commitment from some and of course injuries,but they are a well supported team and hope they get sorted for next season, with or without Buster.

Good night,and hope to be back Monday Night.

Well reasoned post Siggy. As for Monday, Uppa Stars!! :D 

• Like 1

I expected a lot more from KL reserves but they didn’t kick on from heat 2. I think KL got their rider order wrong by putting their best two riders together at 3&4. I know Kerr had to be at 1 but putting Cook at 5 instead of Kvech was baffling

Edited by Bash

15 minutes ago, Bash said:

I expected a lot more from KL reserves but they didn’t kick on from heat 2. I think KL got their rider order wrong by putting their best two riders together at 3&4. I know Kerr had to be at 1 but putting Cook at 5 instead of Kvech was baffling

Don't the home team have to name their line up first?

Perhaps the Lynn decision was made expecting the Witches not to swith their order around as well

• Like 1

Don’t know if they do but knowing they could only get guests from Birmingham or unattached riders in the championship still baffling line up as putting your top 2 at 3&4 weakens you at 5 with the reserves. The turning point was when Rew kicked into gear and KL couldn’t get close to us. I’ve never seen Keynan so animated after winning his last 3 rides, fist pumping. When he walks from the track to the pits at Ipswich after a good ride he hasn’t shown any emotion before last night. It’s good to see.

Edited by Bash
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Few observations. Great crowd last night and the track was like a billiard table and perfectly watered. 
thought lynn battled well with a depleted team and fought hard. Rew was much much improved from his may showing. 
surprised Buster did such a extensive track grade after heat 12 as the track was then similar to heat one. Ipswich had the best gates and just gated and kept it on the kerb.  I’m sure had no grading had been done lynn may have done better in heat 13 

heat 15 was a major disappointment i think for both sets of fans. To be denied to see Emil and keynan in the last race  is poor as we are paying to see the top scorers race not the team managers favourite. I’m sure the lynn fans would rather see Emil again. 
Buster after the meeting had a massive grin on his face which considering he had lost at home to the local rivals surprised me but I’m sure the decent crowd done wonders for the bank balance.  
all in all a good well fought battle between both teams. With the right result at the end. 

Probably worried about increasing their averages with easy points :rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Absolutely. Fans have been starved of action recently and as you say, school holidays have now started. As for the result, I think Tel is being a little mischievous there. Yes, it was a meeting that we SHOULD be winning, but I didn’t see anyone predicting 55+ for Ipswich leading up to the meeting. I personally predicted a very tight meeting as most did, and if Kvech had ridden like he has previously at home and done a little better, it would have been just that. 

I can't point the finger at Kvech personally,it was the choice of guest/s that lost this match.Unfortunately the choice of guests were very limited and we had to make do.

37 minutes ago, Bash said:

Don’t know if they do but knowing they could only get guests from Birmingham or unattached riders in the championship still baffling line up as putting your top 2 at 3&4 weakens you at 5 with the reserves. The turning point was when Rew kicked into gear and KL couldn’t get close to us. I’ve never seen Keynan so animated after winning his last 3 rides, fist pumping. When he walks from the track to the pits at Ipswich after a good ride he hasn’t shown any emotion before last night. It’s good to see.

Maybe Rew was animated last night due to the fact he had got to grips with the NA for the first time.

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Don't the home team have to name their line up first?

Perhaps the Lynn decision was made expecting the Witches not to switch their order around as well

Not sure which team has to declare first, but Witches had posted the riding orders before they knew who Lynn's guests were.

5 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Disagree with you totally. The meeting was won, and we have a cup final and the play offs to come. This is the very track that we lost our number 1 and STILL haven’t managed to replace him. Both Emil and Rew are both hugely important to any success we’re hoping to have this year. Lose either and it’s season over. You don’t risk either if you don’t need to, I’m sorry but that’s just bonkers to do so. I understand people being disappointed at not seeing them, but you have to be sensible here. If Emil was put in heat 15 last night when he wasn’t needed and he picked up an injury, I can guarantee this forum would be flooded with people this morning slaughtering Hawkins. 

There's no chance that would've happened, when the last time fans complained about the top riders being in the last race?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

We are going to have to agree to disagree.  If they wanted to boost Jordan’s confidence maybe put him in gate 2 in heat 15 rather than the graveyard gate 4. 
Whilst you would expect to win at home in the second leg surely you want to build a big as lead as possible? 
if the riders only rode for Ipswich I could understand trying to protect them but most of them ride in 2 or 3 different leagues. 

Agree with all your points here, (except needing a bigger lead for the second leg).

31 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

There's no chance that would've happened, when the last time fans complained about the top riders being in the last race?

Of course it would! You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t think Hawkins would have got stick if he’d selected by far Ipswich’ most important rider in a dead rubber heat and he’d picked up an injury that ended Ipswich’ season stone dead. It’s a cast iron certainty he’d have been slaughtered on here today. The chances of him riding in it and getting injured are slim at best, but it’s still a risk nonetheless which makes absolutely no sense to make. I don’t accept the “short changed” nonsense either because we were running with Rider Replacement so Emil still took to the track five times which he would have done if they were running with a full septet. 

• Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Behave ffs you’ve been on here long enough to know that both Ipswich supporters and supporters of other clubs in general would have given Ritchie Hawkins both barrels if Emil had come a cropper a la Doyley and you damn well know it. Stop fishing for engagement.

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Of course it would! You’re living in cloud cuckoo land if you don’t think Hawkins would have got stick if he’d selected by far Ipswich’ most important rider in a dead rubber heat and he’d picked up an injury that ended Ipswich’ season stone dead. It’s a cast iron certainty he’d have been slaughtered on here today. The chances of him riding in it and getting injured are slim at best, but it’s still a risk nonetheless which makes absolutely no sense to make. I don’t accept the “short changed” nonsense either because we were running with Rider Replacement so Emil still took to the track five times which he would have done if they were running with a full septet. 

2 hours ago, Steve Irving said:

Behave ffs you’ve been on here long enough to know that both Ipswich supporters and supporters of other clubs in general would have given Ritchie Hawkins both barrels if Emil had come a cropper a la Doyley and you damn well know it. Stop fishing for engagement.

I'll have to disagree with both of you, how many times do teams rest a top rider once the match is won, not that often from memory.

Look at Ipswich vs Leicester (match & bonus point won) Sayfutdinov in heat 15, Ipswich vs Sheffield (match & bonus point won) Sayfutdinov in heat 15.

Now Hawkins probably rests Emil more than most teams managers rest their top riders, but it's not a bad choice to use him in heat 15 imo.

Now I'm exaggerating here, but if he was really worried about him getting injured, why not give him 3 rides a match, they're already safe in the play-offs?