British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn v Ipswich 25/07/24

20 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

Zach isn't good enough. And neither is Kerr. If they give Kerr a place, which is what i was told, then is just going through the motions. 

Not sure Lynn can be too picky tbh. In the Prem Zach is second string/reserve level atm, not sure what people expect when he is riding at 5. Though he only scored one point less than King! 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Not sure Lynn can be too picky tbh. In the Prem Zach is second string/reserve level atm, not sure what people expect when he is riding at 5. Though he only scored one point less than King! 

King 12, Cook 5 at lynn last night.I realise Zach is a second string/reserve. With respect he isn't yet at the level we need at the mo. But i realise options seem limited.

Edited by Bald Bloke

24 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I'll have to disagree with both of you, how many times do teams rest a top rider once the match is won, not that often from memory.

Look at Ipswich vs Leicester (match & bonus point won) Sayfutdinov in heat 15, Ipswich vs Sheffield (match & bonus point won) Sayfutdinov in heat 15.

Now Hawkins probably rests Emil more than most teams managers rest their top riders, but it's not a bad choice to use him in heat 15 imo.

Now I'm exaggerating here, but if he was really worried about him getting injured, why not give him 3 rides a match, they're already safe in the play-offs?

The fact is the match was won and safe so why waste him in the final heat. Give others track time who need it in this watered down fixture list where track time is so limited for so many. Emil does what he is paid to do and because of that the Poles are probably relaxed about him riding at Ipswich who they know will not abuse the situation and Ipswich have a history of looking after the Polish riders so everybody wins.